A Total Airport Services (TAS) Safety Manager, leads TAS business unit(s) safety and compliance efforts to minimize the risk of job-related accidents and monitor operations to eliminate hazardous activities. TAS SM also oversees New Operator Training program and operator compliance, ensuring only the safest, most qualified individuals are Operating TAS vehicles. The SM will also support TAS policies to promote occupational health and safety (OSHA) awareness working to collaboratively provide a healthy and safe TAS Organizational workplace while effectively demonstrating TAS organizational guidelines as defined in our Best in Class program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Essential job duties and responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Manage subordinates, ensuring all TAS policies and federal/state regulations are followed; provides coaching/Train the Trainer/feedback and/or discipline when appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations administrated by federal, state and local laws and regulations by performing walk arounds and observing employee performance.
- Ensure compliance with applicable training policies and procedures by verifying employees training records thru utilization of master training list.
- Work closely with management to ensure all safety procedures and policies are being followed by performing on the job periodic audits and submitting results to management.
- Promote safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, specific training programs and safety reward program acknowledgements and rewards.
- Participate in TAS occupational safety and health committee and Board of Inquiry (BOI) meeting.
- Respond to and manages all safety violation events; facilitates investigation(s) and event management ensuring state/federal compliance, and thorough data collection after any safety violation event. Perform audits.
- Ensure operational and organization objective are met by providing training sessions for existing and new hire employees on company programs.
- Provide on the job assistance to employees in such programs as: “how to properly lift”; loading/unloading an aircraft; transporting freight, mail and other cargo to/from an aircraft by demonstrating and explaining correct procedures and holding briefings with employees.
- Provide on the job assistance to employees in various safety programs and safety conscious behavior by demonstrating and explaining correct processes and procedures and by holding safety briefings with employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual must be able to perform each Essential Duty satisfactorily to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- More than 5 years relevant safety experience
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Dangerous Goods Awareness Certification
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with common mathematical concepts, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Experience in training and safety program administration.
- Must be able to travel overnight at least 50-70% of the time.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Verbal and written skills, organizational skills and customer service skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Security Clearance, (for airport security purposes) pass a 10-year background screening.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; regularly required to walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee may be asked to perform medium work that includes moving objects up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to operate a personal computer/laptop and cell phone for approximately eight (8) hours per day. They will also be required to spend extended time reviewing both physical and electronic documents. The employee will spend most of the time in an indoor environment.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
This job has expired.