About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value. The Maintenance Planner is responsible for subcontracted projects, reoccurring / non-reoccurring preventive maintenance (PM) and corrective maintenance (CM) activities. The position is located at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (NASA- JPL). The NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
Job Title: Safety, Health, & Environmental Manager (JPL)
EMCOR Government Services (EGS) has an opening for an on-site Safety, Health and Environmental (SH&E) Manager at the JPL/NASA facility in Pasadena, CA. The project is approx. 3 million SF with more than 200 buildings on campus. The JPL facility operates 24/7 365 days a year. SH&E Manager effectively develops and implements safety and environmental programs, procedures, and safe work practices to reduce and eliminate the frequency and severity of an accidental loss in the areas of workers' compensation, general liability, and property damage. The SH&E Manager ensures JPL site compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, which are designed to protect the human, financial, and physical assets of the lab. Lastly, the SH&E Manager creates a lab-wide safety and environmental culture through safety and environmental training, risk assessments, internal audits and behavior modification programs.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, manages and maintains all safety and environmental programs to ensure the lab's compliance with federal, state, and local safety-related regulations, in addition to environmental health, safety, and loss prevention standards and guidelines.
- Maintains and enhances the EGS Injury Illness Prevention Plan.
- Resolves and/or escalates all safety and environmental issues in a timely fashion.
- Evaluates risk management information to identify potential safety and environmental hazards, impacts, then identifies and recommends corrective and preventive actions.
- Performs root cause analysis and investigates mishaps, and all other safety and environmental incidents.
- Responsible for timely closure manages all EGS safety and environmental corrective and preventive actions.
- Prepare and support programs related to the EGS Emergency Management Plan and Business continuity Plan.
- Responsible for EGS asbestos, lead, confined space, electrical safety, hazardous waste, LOTO, fall protection and other core safety and environmental programs.
- Monitors and reports out the EGS and sub-contractor Experience Modification Rate and the Total Recordable Incident Rate.
- Ensures that all new employees and sub-contractors receive necessary Safety, Health, and environmental training during initial on-boarding.
- Edits and ensures all key safety and environmental elements are within the EMCOR Operations Procedure and Plan.
- Co-manages records and documents related to chemicals, MSDS, and refrigerants that are utilized by the department.
- Performs safety audits and regular physical inspections of grounds, buildings, equipment, and operations then identifies hazards and incidents of regulatory non-compliance, and recommends corrective measures.
- Reviews JPL TDD deliverables to ensure EGS is meeting all safety and environmental contract compliance.
- Acts as the lead investigator and manages all EGS and sub-contractor injuries and near misses.
- Effectively applies our industry methodology and behavioral modification to enforces safety and environmental standards.
- Facilitates the EGS Safety Committee and associated meetings. Keeps the Safety Committee well informed of all EGS and JPL changes.
- Liaison and EGS POC for the two JPL OSPO and EAPO groups.
- Documents and keeps track of all incident and mishap lessons learned and shares those lessons with staff.
- Develops and maintains relationships with all pertinent JP customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Health, and Environment or Industrial Hygiene or equivalent science field
- 10+ years of experience.
- Certified Safety Professional preferred.
- 3+ years industrial hygiene related experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Cal-OSHA, OSHA, SC-AQMD, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Must possess knowledge of safe work practices, operations, maintenance practices, procedures, work methods, materials, equipment, and tools to support a maintenance and operations contract
- Must have knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the SH&E fields.
- Must understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Demonstrated and exceptional customer service skills.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal discussions.
EMCOR Government Services requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Government Services is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, be organized, pay attention to detail, be dependable, and be a team player.
- Valid CA driver's license.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to meet customer critical missions.