Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are the doers. The leaders. The makers. Our teams are hungry to make history, acting with integrity to relentlessly improve people's lives. It's time to stop dreaming about the future; let's build it together.
If you are interested in joining our Talent Community, please share your resume with us. When a position that matches your qualifications becomes available it's that much easier to connect!
This posting is for the Railway Supply Institute ("RSI")/League of Railway Women ("LRW") Conference attendees, that are interested in operations and commercial opportunities at Wabtec Corporation. If you have interests in the areas of product and program management, commercial operations, sales, business strategy, marketing and more, you can gain real work experience with our products in the Freight Locomotive, Transit and Digital Electronics businesses. After applying to this role, Wabtec will contact you to align your experiences to roles that are currently open.
What to Expect:
Commercial & Operational Excellence Positions
- Lead an integrated sales, product and programs teams to determine/create customer needs, solving business problems through a consultative, outcome focused.
- Develop marketing, sales and strategic business plans and be responsible for delivering revenue commitments
- Develop influential and effective relationships at all levels of the customer's organization and develop strategies to win business.
- Provide key leadership in the generation of proposals, Business Selling Team (BST) initiatives and Multi-Generation Product Plans development.
- Integrate the technical support team, including contracts, finance, product support, and others in the implementation of customer strategies
- Provide specific leadership, plans, and actions to assure that Wabtec wins profitable sales
- Develop customer strategies, campaign plans, and leadership in their execution
- Responsible for overall customer satisfaction evaluation, plans, and follow through
- Support some of the industry's most exciting trends and initiatives in intelligent industrial machines, controls, alternative fuels, testing, signaling, software, network & logistics, embedded software, additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence and more.
- Wabtec has numerous locations around the US which include (but are not limited to) Erie, Grove City & Pittsburgh, PA, Fort Worth, TX, Germantown, MD, Chicago, IL.
- Relocation lump sum is available provided the candidate meets eligibility requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business administration, or related field from an accredited college or university (or high school diploma/GED with 5 years of experience)
- 3+ years commercial, operations, marketing, engineering, or related experience
- 3+ years of railroad industry experience
- Willingness and ability to travel 20% of the time as required by position
- Demonstrate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- A strong commitment to a career in technology, business strategy, product management, program management, marketing and sales
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help develop solutions for customers
- Strong business & financial analysis, value and strategy development skills
- Ability to interact at all levels of the customer's organization
- Incorporate market, industry and regulatory trends into solutions
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement & execute plans to achieve goals
- Proven business and sales team leadership skills with a successful growth track record and margin retention
- Strong customer focus, ability to understand the value proposition for the customer, and commitment to deliver the best value proposition
- Demonstrated program / project management skills working on and leading teams
- Railroad products, services, industry knowledge and technical depth and breadth
- Ability to lead and manage through changing business conditions
- Expertise in establishing Value / Price offer combined with reality-based product and service differentiation.
- Demonstrated business team leadership, externally with customers and internally between Marketing, Engineering and Product Management
- Leadership experience and ability to communicate & tailor messages up and down the leadership chain
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms; strong analytical skills
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.