It's more than a career, it's a calling.
WI-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville
Assesses, plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates nursing care for surgical patients.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Accepts patient care assignments as directed. Communicates with clinical area team members appropriately. Correctly conducts all appropriate nursing aspects of patient assessment while using subjective and objective data.
- Communicates effectively with patients to assess their knowledge of surgical/invasive procedure(s) and expectations. Adheres to universal protocol.
- Involves patient/significant others in their plan of care, education, discharge planning, and prioritization of needs. Utilizes available teaching resources as appropriate, and identifies/refers patients/families as appropriate.
- Plans for patient care and/or intervenes by demonstrating basic nursing skills, observing and accurately documenting patient's response to nursing care, utilizing available teaching resources as appropriate, maintaining a safe environment.
- Evaluates care by conducting ongoing assessments to identify effectiveness of interventions, performing post-op calls following surgical procedures, and analyzing verbal responses from patient and family during hospitalization.
- Makes competent clinical decisions and displays the ability to know when to involve management or other team members. Assists in all areas of surgical services as needed.
- Provides information to the physician related to changes in the conditions of patients in a timely manner. Documents the care given to patients and their response to care in a timely manner.
- Correctly and efficiently administers medications, treatments, and nursing interventions as per hospital policy.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to surgical nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork Shift:
Variable Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
22760026 Day Care SurgeryScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.