Job Description Performs manager on duty activities as assigned by Site Manager. Including opening and closing, managerial operations of a cash register; trains, leads and encourages Ambassadors to meet goals, providing training and guidance while maintaining established company standard operating procedures (SOP). Provide excellent service, engages with each Ambassador, customer and donor, while presenting a friendly and cooperative attitude. Role models, communicates and coaches our Mission and RISE (Respect, Integrity, Service and Integrity) Values to our Ambassadors, customers and donors. Ensure a safe work environment by maintaining a clean and safe environment by following all established company standard operating policies and procedures and exercises caution in work related activities. Adheres, coaches and trains Ambassadors on de-escalation practices regarding the public and proper procedures for loss prevention situations. Identifies and communicates concerns, contacting the District Manager for guidance when the Site Manager is not available. Supervisory responsibilities include; training Ambassadors; planning, assigning, scheduling and directing work; providing input on performance appraisals; recognizing, developing Ambassadors; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Follows up on all assigned projects. Gives corrective feedback under direction of the Site Manager. Monitors and maintains salesfloor, production area, structural, electrical, store equipment, landscaping, housekeeping, loss prevention and safety to company standards. Buying: Trains, evaluates and coaches Ambassadors to process donated goods meeting quantity, quality and key performance indicator (KPI) business goals, following established SOPs and guidelines. Ecommerce: Trains, evaluates and coaches Ambassadors to identify and process ecommerce collectables and other items, luxury brands and books, to meet goals and established SOPs and guidelines. Ensures accurate capture of donor information, proper sorting of goods and maintaining safety according to established SOPs and guidelines. Backroom: Ensuring proper procedures are followed to maintain backroom compliance including, transferring goods, Kaizen, hazmat, supply storage, purchased product, safety and truck swaps. Work flexible shifts; including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when needed. May be required to work at a nearby location. Additional Duties & Responsibilities Assists in the Truck Swap process and performs necessary cleaning and janitorial work. Attends meetings and training as required. If required to drive for a work event, you must have a valid CDL and required auto insurance. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Primary Responsibility / Summary
Responsible for the efficient operation of a Retail Store, Boutique or Attended Donation Center (ADC), withaccountability for the operations functions. Under the direction of the Site Manager, leads team to achieve established goals for sales, production, customer service, payroll, safety and expense control. Closely collaborates with Site Manager to achieve standards and goals. Goodwill Southern California greatly values our employees' health and well-being. Per company Policy, all our employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- This job supervises 5-10 ambassadors when acting as manager-on-duty.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience in a customer focused management role.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. College degree helpful.
- Ability to multitask projects of varying scope and complexity with minimum supervision.
- Ability to share Goodwill's purpose with the public and ask for monetary donations and customer/donor information.
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
- Must be proficient in using computers and other technology necessary to complete the activities assigned.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, completing surveys using electronic platforms in order to complete daily tasks.
- Strong Communication, training, developing and people skills.
- Demonstrated success with process accountability and multi-tasking.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, & Excellence.
English Language Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or ambassadors of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Time and Attendance systems
- Microsoft Words, Excel and Outlook
- Some HRIS experience helpful
- POS system
- Personal computers
- Microsoft Outlook
- Daily usage of technology and tracking applications to complete tasks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an ambassador to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal vision to work with computer, cash register and other office equipment and abilities to supervise store ambassadors with or without correction.
The physical, mental & environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an ambassador encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- New Hire Orientation
- Supervisory Essentials training
- AB1825: Harassment Prevention training
- Mandated Reporter
Values-Based Work Environment Notice
Goodwill Southern California provides a values-based work environment for our ambassadors. All individuals are expected to support and promote our values: We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion, recognizing their contributions and differences. We conduct business with transparency, integrity and accountability. We serve, empower and advocate for our clients, community, business partners and each other. We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to better the lives of those we serve.
The above description is not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
- Drug Screen
- Background Check
- Employment Verification
- Verification of COVID-19 Vaccinations
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
This job has expired.