Job ID: 426699
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
The Retail Merchandiser will be responsible for covering big box retail stores for Oldcastle. We seek a highly motivated, self-starter who can provide outstanding support to Department, Store and District Managers for our customer.
- Plans, organizes and achieves a consistent daily and weekly customer schedule, i.e. "store visits" in the most efficient manner to meet customer needs and expectations and maintain cost effectiveness
- Proactively monitors proper inventory levels in the stores using cycle counts and various reports. Works with customer service and replenishment teams to resolve any discrepancies
- Participates in regional company training classes and events
- Leads and/or participates in a wide variety of customer events; demonstration clinics, product knowledge classes, contractor events, weekend special events, promo events, associate training, and community outreach programs
- Properly builds and installs product displays and new store resets
- Ensures product is safely stacked and/or properly secured
- Provides suggestions and shares ideas with supervisor and team to maximize shelf space
Physical / Work Environment
- Valid driver's license and a reliable personal vehicle to travel to and from customer locations and local Oldcastle businesses as needed
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Use of basic hand and power tools
- Daily travel to and from company locations and/or customer locations; some overnight travel required
What CRH Offers You
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, climb, kneel, perform repetitive motions and work from a ladder
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 4, 2022 Nearest Major Market: