WSFS Bank/NewLane Finance is seeking a Retail Credit Predictive Modeler to support Retail Lending, including the Equipment Finance, Small Business, and Consumer Lending businesses. This position will lead the data modeling and predictive analytics role in using traditional and non-traditional data to advance automation and the predictive power of algorithms, delineate risk, and optimize credit decisions. Retail Credit Predictive Modeler will also increase the use of company-wide data and models to optimize sales, direct marketing, and collections.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm position, located in Wilmington, DE or Philadelphia, PA.
- Identify and analyze customer attributes and third-party data for sales, marketing, credit and collections to advance the business use cases (e.g. credit risk and default odds, account collection strategies, risk-based pricing).
- Work closely with technology group on the build of a logical data model(s) and their deployment into data warehouse.
- Coordinate the development of credit decision scorecards (Scorecard Planning, Data Review, Project Parameters, Database Creation and Scorecard Development (e.g. binning, correlation, reject inference, logical regression, validation).
- Work closely with technology group on coding and UAT of models into the production environment.
- Oversee ongoing model deployment to include cutoff scores, policy rules and override criteria.
- Post implementation review to include scorecard and portfolio monitoring and performance reports
- Implementation of other business models to optimize approval rates (e.g. pricing), fraud prevention and account collection strategies,
- Serve as chair for WSFS Retail Credit Quality Committee and voting member of NewLane Finance Credit Committee.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science
- 10+ years of commercial, small business, credit lending experience; consumer and vendor leasing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Big Data, empirical statistical model methodologies analysis of data patterns.
- Strong aptitude working with mining data and understanding it’s empirical use towards effective decision making.
- Demonstrated experience with models and other statistical methods in real-life business situations and a bank regulatory environment
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills in statistical analysis and data science best practices
- Strong communication skills and ability to partner with business users.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.