Job Location: Hershey, PA
The Hershey Company West Hershey plant is a Union plant producing products such as White & Milk Chocolate Paste, Kisses, Nuggets, Milk Bars, Almond Bars, Rolo, Syrup & Cookies and Crème in a high-speed complex environment.
The Plant Utilities/Facilities Engineer's primary function is to ensure that the West Hershey plant's utility systems are fully operational and reliable as required to support the manufacturing process's schedule and rate requirements, and all products produced fully within specification.
This position is also responsible to ensure the Structures and Grounds are appropriately maintained and upgraded in accordance with regulatory requirements and World Class operations.
Utilities Reliability Management
- Manage & monitor all aspects of the utilities systems for the West Hershey plant, including steam, compressed air, water, glycol, ammonia, high and medium voltage electricity, other industrial refrigerants, building automation systems, and all building HVAC systems. Ensure that proper asset reliability plans are in place and identify cost savings or efficiency improvement opportunities for the utilities related equipment.
Facilities and infrastructure Maintenance
- Manage the maintenance of the buildings and infrastructure at the West Hershey plant, including fire protection systems. Manage the annual service contracts for the building automation systems, fire systems, and roof maintenance program.
Capital Project Management
- Manage capital projects up to $1,000,000 in value for utilities and facilities improvement efforts at the West Hershey plant. Responsible for developing manufacturing feasibility assessments, capital cost estimates, Utility system design, selecting equipment, preparing equipment and construction bid specifications, evaluating bids, overseeing installation and start-up of Utility equipment and systems, troubleshooting, and training of line supervisors, operators and maintenance personnel.
- Along with the Safety Manager, Manage the West Hershey plant's Ammonia PSM and RMP programs. Duties will include change management, an annual SOP review, conducting every 5-year PSM audit and every 3-year RMP (HAS) audit, and remediating audit findings.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE design guides for HVAC applications (including NH3 refrigeration), NFPA & NEC and OSHA requirements for electrical installations, as well as possess the appropriate level of experience with mechanical and electrical construction trade practices for industrial installations.
- Ability to provide technical analyses, develop alternatives/recommendations (cost estimates, feasibility, specifications, and interpretation of requirements) utilizing sound judgment, understanding and proficiency in the development of engineering solutions with the ability to effectively communicate and build consensus cross-functionally on increasingly complex and fast paced projects.
- Ability to communicate and develop relationships with OEM vendors, contractors, internal customers, and all levels of management within the Hershey Company
- Ability to participate in cross-functional Utility troubleshooting assignments to diagnose root cause issues and provide options for resolution.
- Provide the appropriate level of mentoring and training to team members as well as our manufacturing customer base.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Strong leadership / interpersonal skills demonstrated willingness to accept new / challenging assignments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong PC skills
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Chemical / Mechanical) or Engineering Technology preferred. Equivalent and relative experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years' experience in the Process and/or Utility engineering field, with Manufacturing Plant experience in the food or pharmaceutical industries preferred.
- Hands on knowledge & experience operating an ammonia system.
- Proficiency & experience with SAP preferred.
- Practical knowledge and relevant experience in the areas of Controls preferred and would be considered a plus.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
This job has expired.