At Reality Labs Research, our goal is to explore, innovate, and design novel interfaces and hardware for virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences. We are driving research towards a vision of an always-on augmented reality device that can enable high-quality contextually relevant interactions across a range of complex, dynamic, real-world tasks in natural environments; to achieve this goal, our team draws on methods and knowledge from artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, and human-computer interaction. We are looking for a skilled and motivated researcher with expertise in physics simulations and computer graphics to join our team. More broadly, the chosen candidate will work with a diverse and highly interdisciplinary team of researchers and engineers and will have access to cutting edge technology, resources, and testing facilities.In this position, you will work with an interdisciplinary team of domain experts in physics simulations, computer graphics, embodied artificial intelligence (AI), human-computer interaction, computer vision, cognitive and perceptual science, sensing and tracking, and haptics, on problems that contribute to creating immersive VR and AR experiences build to the ultimate sense of embodiment in virtual interactions. The position will involve developing the technologies necessary to bring high fidelity physics simulations to interactive rates -including methods for simulations of fluids, elastic and inelastic solids, and physics-based sound, alongside acceleration strategies such as AI-driven model reduction, fast linear/non-linear solvers, and parallel computation-to unlock the ultimate sense of realism in virtual interactions. These models will leverage large-scale real-world data sets and the scale of Meta's machine-learning infrastructure, and will be deployed into AR/VR prototypes to uncover research questions on the path to the next era of human-centered computing.
Research Scientist, Physics Simulations and Computer Graphics Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a cutting-edge research program with interdisciplinary collaborators aimed at developing novel technologies to unlock unprecedented levels of fidelity in physics simulations at interactive rates
- Work collaboratively with other research scientists, research engineers and software engineers to develop and implement novel solutions and methods for interactive simulations
- Mentor MS/PhD interns and postdocs as well as collaborate with external academic groups and internal cross-functional partners to advance our research goals
- Demonstrated track record in defining and leading research in computer graphics, physics simulation, virtual reality and/or virtual interactions
- PhD degree in computer science, computer graphics, computational mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years of experience working in a research environment
- 3+ years of experience in developing novel methods for physics simulations and model reduction applied to computer graphics
- 3+ years of experience working in a modern software development environment, including: unit testing, source control, and continuous integration
- 3+ years of experience with C++
- Experience with driving haptic feedback from physics simulations in virtual reality
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as conference proceedings and journal publications at leading workshops or conferences such as SIGGRAPH/ACM Trans. on Graphics, Computer Graphics Forum/Proc. of Eurographics, CVPR, SIAM Journal of Scientific Computing, IJNME, JCP or similar publications
- Demonstrated contributions to the field of physics simulations and computer graphics, including spatial discretization methods, temporal discretization methods, nonlinear/linear solvers, parallelization methods, model-reduction techniques, and rendering approaches that are applied to fluid, solid, and acoustic domains
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.