Reality Labs Research (RL-R), Meta brings together a world-class team of researchers, developers, and engineers to create the future of augmented and virtual reality, which together will become as universal and essential as smartphones and personal computers are today. Just as personal computers have done over the past 45 years, AR and VR will ultimately change everything about how we work, play, and connect. We are developing all the technologies needed to enable breakthrough AR glasses and VR headsets, including optics and displays, computer vision, audio, graphics, brain-computer interfaces, haptic interaction, eye/hand/face/body tracking, perception science, and true telepresence. Some of those will advance much faster than others, but they all need to happen to enable AR and VR that are so compelling that they become an integral part of our lives. The audio team within RL-R is looking for an experienced, innovative Research Scientist with a broad set of skills in computational modeling and statistical analysis preferably in the context of audio or acoustics. In this position, you'll develop advanced algorithms and computational modeling approaches to solve complex problems in the intersection between spatial audio personalization, acoustics and signal processing, to advance the state-of-the art technologies that will change the way we perceive spatial audio in the metaverse.
Research Scientist - ML Applications in Spatial Audio Responsibilities:
- Develop novel algorithms and computational models to solve complex problems at the intersection between spatial audio personalization, acoustics and data science with applications in augmented and virtual reality.
- Design and implement state-of-the-art audio/acoustics computational models and machine learning techniques on PyTorch, TensorFlow, or similar platforms.
- Lead the data collection and experimental design to acquire accurate and reliable datasets for computational model training/validation/testing.
- Collaborate with teams in the larger Reality Labs org and provide creative leadership on cross-team technologies.
- Collaborate with external academic groups to advance our research goals.
- Publish research results in top-tier journals and at leading international conferences.
- 3+ years experience with scientific programming in C++, MATLAB, or Python.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- 3+ years experience with development and implementation of machine learning or deep learning algorithms.
- PhD in the field of applied mathematics, statistics, physics, acoustics, computer science, electrical engineering, deep learning, machine learning or related fields.
- 3+ years experience with PyTorch, TensorFlow, or similar platforms.
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by first-authored top-tier conference publications or journal articles.
- Experience leading a small research team.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and evaluating working end-to-end prototypical learning systems.
- Proven success at working with physical models, their principles and processes.
- Experience with acoustics, wave-equation and numerical simulation.
- Experience with working on novel algorithm development for spatial audio personalization.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.