This position offers the opportunity to join the Center for Cellular Profiling Core at Brigham and Women's Hospital. The Center for Cellular Profiling helps researchers at the Brigham and Women's Hospital as well as throughout Harvard Medical School perform translational studies through a combination of flow cytometry cell sorting and single cell genomics. The Center operates a full-service flow cytometry cell sorting facility, which performs cell sorting and analysis of samples submitted by a wide range of researchers. Working with other members of the Center for Cellular Profiling team, the self-motivated individual will perform activities related to the operation of the Core, including cell sorting and analysis by flow cytometry and interacting with research scientists. Responsibilities also include managing scheduling and billing for the cores, ordering reagents and supplies, maintenance and quality control of the machines, and interactions with team members and other Cores to maintain lab organization and support laboratory staff.Operate a BD FACSAria Fusion Cell Sorter
Help maintain BD LSRFortessa & FACSCanto II Flow Cytometry Analyzers
- Operate the cell sorter to isolate cells from samples submitted by research scientists
- Perform routine maintenance and quality control of the cell sorter
- Assist in troubleshooting operation of the machine and optimizing experimental panels and sort protocols
Perform duties required for daily operation of the Core
- Perform routine maintenance and quality control of the analysis machines
- Assist in training researchers on the proper use of the machines and software
- Assist in troubleshooting operation of the machines and optimizing experimental panels
- Coordinate and schedule field service when necessary
- Monitor and order reagents
- Manage scheduling and track utilization of the Core
- Interact with researchers to answer questions and provide guidance
- Demonstrate proficient use of BD FACSDiva software
5. Report on progress of work at laboratory seminars.
6. Prepare laboratory reagents, chemicals, instruments, and equipment.
7. Maintain supplies inventory in accordance with laboratory and department procedures.
8. Assist in the orientation and training of new students, technicians, and fellows.
9. Maintain established department policies, procedures, and objectives, including the areas of quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
10. Perform other duties as directed.Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills as required to work closely with a research team.
- Demonstrated competence with databases/spreadsheets and software packages.
- Willingness to learn other laboratory techniques.
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Ability to communicate information clearly in both oral and written form, including email.
- Ability to make decisions based on logical assumptions of factual data to solve technical and logistical problems.
Normal laboratory environment.
- Exposure to human and animal tissue and blood products and low levels of radioactivity under controlled conditions.
BWH is an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualifie d applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
This job has expired.