GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Seeking a Research Coordinator/Program Manager to provide executive support to the PI and Director of the Genital Tract Biology Research Division in coordinating and managing research program activities, collaborations, and day-to-day operations of the division. The Research Coordinator/Program Manager works under the general direction of and reports to the PI/Division Director.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes the procedural, managerial and policy decisions of the PI
- Manages projects, coordinates work, takes initiative using all available resources, follow through the issues when needed, applies knowledge as needed with little direction from Supervisor
- Handles coordination and implementation of the research design process that involves multiple study sites
- Coordinates meetings with collaborators and mentors, handles communications and various Outlook activities
- Participates in formulation of policies and procedures for the Research Program
- Provides oversight for the Lab Accreditation Policies, Procedures, and Inspection Process
- Coordinates conference attendance of research staff and assists with research posters, presentations, and/or article submissions
- Attends Scientific Meetings and keep minutes as requested.
- Navigates institutional research resources needed for the research operations of the division, including core services
- Monitors data collection, project milestones and prepares progress reports to ensure meeting project deadlines
- When delegated by PI, trains research staff in specific activities
- Additional duties as required
Will assist/fill-in with the job responsibilities for the research assistants and lab manager as necessary.Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- BA or BS required
- Flexible schedule as some weekend availability required.
- Work experience with project management, laboratory management or research administration
(MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
- Experience in biology or clinical research.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to prioritize, oversees, and manages several projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with good judgment and work as part of a team of interdisciplinary investigators.
Proficiency with computers, especially MS office applications and the Internet.EEO Statement
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
This job has expired.