The Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma and focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's heath around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture. There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
AIRM has a world-class R&D team, and is pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, ranging from macular degeneration (currently in clinical trials) and other ocular indications to vascular and autoimmune disease. AIRM's intellectual property portfolio includes pluripotent stem cell platforms -- both embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells as well as other cell-based therapy research programs. AIRM is headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
Astellas is announcing a Sr. Research Associate, Process Science & Technology opportunity at their Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) site in Westborough, MA.
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic Research Associate to join the Process Science & Technology team. This person will assist with process development projects in collaboration with other members of our group, maintain accurate records and perform routine laboratory duties. On-the-job training for specific operations will be provided, but a strong background in mammalian cell culture as well as a high level of scientific curiosity are a must.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Understands and effectively conducts biological laboratory experiments utilizing internal and published procedures
* Assists with cell culture of various cell lines including pluripotent cells using specified protocols
* Maybe involved in developing new process or assays using cell culture and analytical methods
* Maintains records in notebook and electronic format according to Company policies
* Contributes to preparation of technical reports and result summaries
* May design and independently conduct experiments with minimal guidance from manager
* Ensures availability of all experimental materials
* Understands the proper use and maintenance of laboratory equipment and record keeping
* Contributes to general laboratory and equipment maintenance
* Education & Experience:
* Research Associate II: BS degree with a 3+ years of relevant experience or and MS degree with 0-2 years of relevant experience.
* Research Associate: BS degree with a 5+ years of relevant experience or and MS degree with 2+ years of relevant experience.
* Impeccable aseptic techniques
* Solid working knowledge of cell culture with adherent mammalian cell lines
* Working knowledge of microscopy, and cell and molecular based assays
* Proven ability to efficiently learn new skills
* Ability to maintain accurate records and effectively manage multiple projects
* Excellent communication skills
* Scientific curiosity
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work flexible schedule including weekends
* Experience in cell-based therapies
* Experience with large scale bioreactors for adherent cells
* Experience with process or assay development
* Experience with GMP/GLP, SOPs, Batch Records
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled