Relationship Manager, OSP Permits – Hargray Fiber
Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives? Are you motivated to learn and connect people with cutting edge technology? Do you go the extra mile to provide customer delight? Then you should join the Hargray Fiber team as a Relationship Manager, OSP Permits!
The Relationship Manager, OSP Permits is responsible for managing all necessary engineering and construction related permits for various telecom projects. Will work with the engineering team and vendors to resolve any conflicts that arise during permitting and shall track multiple, concurrent permit submittals across multiple jurisdictions. The ideal candidate for this role will be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. Additionally, will have the ability to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
The Company: For over 70 years, Hargray has been connecting customers to each other and the world, growing from a local phone company to an industry leader providing residential, business, enterprise, and carrier wholesale communications services. Our mission is to envision and deliver customer delight. In addition to our long history of dedication and commitment to our community, we offer benefits for your health, wealth, protection, well-being, time, and more. Our team of almost 600 colleagues across 8 locations is committed to excellence, delivering the most advanced technology and the best service for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities: Including but not limited to the following.
- Works closely with OSP Engineers to create and review permit drawings and packages including traffic control, department of transportation, railroad, and complex lane closure to ensure compliance with permit drawing requirements of the jurisdiction and or ROW contact.
- Researches/navigates complex databases and uses critical thinking analysis to provide proper permit applications according to known practices and guidelines.
- Acquires permit fee amounts, complete permit application, and submit check requests ensuring timely permitting submittal and on time performance of the permitting process.
- Acquires all permits needed to enable construction activities.
- Prepares and updates internal permit tracking reports and schedules.
- Manages relationship to jurisdictions and ROW contacts such as municipalities, state agencies, and railroad to detail specific requirements including design specifications, permit lead times, points of contact, and special requirements to expedite delivery process.
- Provides direct interface with contractors, jurisdictional authorities, etc.
- Works with the project team to understand priorities and communicates permit package deliverables.
- Prioritizes permit submittals based upon review/lead times and schedules.
- Determines requirements for permit and plan submissions, including review and updates to standards and forms if required.
- Maintains detailed records and reports related to all communication and interaction with permitting agencies.
- Manages interactions needed to enable the efficient and timely processing of the required permits.
- Adheres to and promotes the environmental, health and safety policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of the department and the Company.
Minimum Qualifications: Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Telecommunications industry installing and/or supporting voice, data and video services.
- Must build and maintain effective working relationships to ensure business objectives and priorities are successfully supported, communicated and executed within the Commercial Business organization.
- Must be familiar with basic Telco terms and infrastructure.
- Must understand broadband service offerings (CATV facilities, Digital Subscriber line, and Fiber to the Home) and effectively communicate that technology to customers.
- Must be a self-starter able to work without close supervision and to think independently.
- Proficient in personal computer use with good keyboard skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills including a proven ability to listen and understand customers, as well as ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience as a Permit Specialist/Right of Way Agent required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in telecommunications permitting with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, and optical transport equipment is required.
- Must be conversant/have working knowledge of structured cabling, routing, switching, and IP protocols.
- Strong verbal communication skills and writing skills with the ability to clearly explain issues.
- Excellent organization, time management and follow up skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Project Management skills.
- Strives to achieve in even the most challenging environments with limited supervision.
- Ability to meet critical due dates.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Good decision making, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to interpret maps, legal documents and descriptions, and engineering plans. Analyze data, documents.
- Ability to prepare accurate and concise written reports.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. SharePoint experience a plus.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Google Earth.