Provide direct patient care under the direction and supervision of a licensed Therapist, in an Outpatient Clinic setting.
Direct Patient Care
- Takes vital signs, including blood pressure, reports to therapist and documents.
- Assists with activities of daily living using adaptive equipment as specified by therapist.
- Attends to patient's elimination needs.
- Utilizes basic observation skills to obtain patient information, reports changes in patient condition to or response to treatment to primary therapist.
- Provides one to one supervision of patient as assigned.
- Identifies and requisitions supplies needed for patient care when appropriate.
- Performs clerical duties related to patient intake, registration and insurance processing as needed.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of the patient care unit, including daily temperature checks and logs of hydrocollator, paraffin, Fluido and cold pack machines, disinfecting surfaces and equipment used in patient care, and changing linens.
Under Therapist Supervision
Qualifications Qualifications and ExperienceEducation/Degree
- Application of hot and cold packs
- Wheelchair positioning, adjustment/modifications.
- Endurance and strengthening exercises.
- Routine and specific exercise programs and equipment.
- ROM activities.
- Donning/doffing orthotics, prosthetics and braces.
- Co-leading of therapy groups.
- Transfers to patients with chairs, wheelchairs, with or without the use of assistive/transfer devices.
- Performs and assists with paraffin and contrast baths and cares for equipment.
- Mentoring and teaching is provided for new nursing assistants to meet performance expectations.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
- Graduate of CNA training program required for Skilled Nursing Facilities and preferred for other PCC entities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a nursing assistant preferred.
(Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
- Effective verbal, electronic and written communications skills using the English language.
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
- Maintain variable work schedule to meet department needs. (evenings and nights, holidays, weekends and travel).
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
- Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in coming to or participating in the interview process, please let us know.