T he 62 bed Acute Rehabilitation Unit provides acute inpatient medical rehabilitation services to patients with functional impairments as a result of various diagnoses including, stroke, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, multiple traumas, orthopedic conditions, amputations, and other disabling conditions. Be a part of our talented team of nurses practicing within our dynamic, advanced, and highly technical patient care areas. Benefit from a diverse experience which offers a Career Advancement Program, training to new specialties and abundant opportunities.
Why Reading Hospital?
- 2020 America's 100 Best Hospitals
- Reading Hospital also received several other accolades from Healthgrades for 2020, notably our inclusion in the Top 5% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke 14 Years in a Row, as well as awards for excellence in Cardiac Care, Neurosciences, Pulmonary Care, Gastrointestinal Care, and Critical Care.
- Magnet Status
- Level 1 trauma
- Top 2 percent of nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for its consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 - one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report : 6th best hospital in PA
- Vizient Graduate Nurse Residency Program for all new RN grads
Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
New increased base rates effective November 20, 2022!
For more information, please contact Jennifer Tregear at Jennifer.Tregear@towerhealth.org
Qualifications Education Requirements
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Deliver excellent nursing care through evaluations, planning, implementation, and documentation while serving a diverse patient population with complex concerns.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Certification and Licensure
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- PA Registered Nurse License