McLean Hospital will be opening a 68-bed facility in Middleborough Massachusetts during the summer of 2021. This will give candidates an opportunity to advance their careers at a comprehensive psychiatric hospital affiliated with the Harvard Medical School and the Mass General Brigham health system.
McLean is committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
For the Child Adolescent Inpatient unit:
- We value highly people who enjoy kids and are passionate about working with kids.
- We value people who believe strongly in working as part of a team.
- We value people who are open to learning about our field, particularly through the process of giving and receiving feedback.
- We value people who are aware of their own challenges, but who are always able to put the needs of our patients first.
- We value people who have a sense of direction in their professional lives and goals of gaining experience that could lead to further study and work as a professional.
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
Utilizing the nursing process, candidate has responsibility for providing for immediate and long-term nursing care needs of patients within the standards of the department, hospital and regulatory agencies. Accurately assesses patients' needs, identifies patient behaviors that contribute to the development of a crisis; utilizes non-verbal and verbal techniques to de-escalate crisis situation. Accurately plans nursing interventions for assigned patients. Establishes a therapeutic alliance with assigned patients. Demonstrates safe, accurate and timely medication administration. Participates in leading patient groups and provides a leadership role in organizing and providing patient care. Will provide direction and supervision of Mental Health Workers. Provides for teaching needs of patient and significant others.Qualifications
Employees are expected to remain awake and alert at all times on all shifts.
- Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- BSN preferred.
- Requires demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to utilize the nursing process and to work collaboratively.
- No experience required; one year medical/psychiatric experience preferred.
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
Required to complete electronic medical records training, and demonstrate 80% accuracy on competency test within 30 days of hire.EEO Statement
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or a condition related to pregnancy including, but not limited to, lactation or the need to express breast milk for a nursing child, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation