** $2,500 Sign On Bonus **
The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivering patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The Registered Nurse directs and coordinates all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards and collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
The Emergency Nurse provides care to patients with urgent or critical illness, patients requiring emergency care and patients seeking treatment for non-urgent care. The Emergency Nurse triages patients according to care requirements and provides ongoing assessment of their condition, immediate interventions and discharge teaching.
This position is part of the Massachusetts Nurses Association Bargaining Unit at Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
This position reports to the Nurse Manager/Director and operates within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required; BSN preferred
- Licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse (RN) required
- BLS certification required
- ACLS certification required within 3 months of hire or transfer into department.
- De-escalation certification required within 60 days of hire or transfer into department.
- PALS or ENPC certification required within 6 months of hire or transfer into department.
- Critical Care RN and/or Emergency RN experience required.
- Demonstrated excellent technical, interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills required.
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.
This job has expired.