Granted the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence (trademark); 2019 by Healthgrades, Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
Located on the beautiful Seacoast of New Hampshire, we are only one hour from Boston, minutes from the ocean and lakes, and we are within close proximity to multiple colleges and universities.
We are seeking experienced critical care nurses proficient in ICU, IMCU, or ED who are willing to provide care across the service line. If you have desire to learn other critical care practice areas, we want you for our Critical Care Float pool!
The CC-Float Pool Nurse will provide nursing care utilizing the steps of the nursing process to meet patient care needs. The responsibilities in this job description are reflective of the expectation that patient-centered care is delivered in a manner that is appropriate to patient age, physical ability, and intellectual development. It is expected that patient care will be adapted to meet one or more of the following populations: a) adult, ages 14 to 64 years; b) geriatric, ages 65+ years
1. CLINICAL JUDGMENT
o Appropriately assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care, specific to population served
o Follows policies/procedures, clinical practice standards pertinent to care, including emergency situations
o Matches formal knowledge with clinical events to make decisions
o Demonstrates the ability to provide competent, effective care
o Seeks validation for clinical decisions, integrates input from other clinicians for decision making
o Prioritizes and organizes work appropriately to effectively meet patient needs
o Appropriately delegates to and supervises team members based on assessment of competencies, within scope of practice to ensure appropriate implementation of care
o Collaborates & communicates relevant patient data to appropriate persons clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing (e.g. handoffs)
o Effectively develops teaching plan and regularly integrates teaching into patient care
2. SYSTEMS THINKING
o Recognizes available resources/tools for meeting patient/family needs
o Completes assignments in an efficient and timely manner, requesting and utilizing resources appropriately
o Documents patient assessment, plan, interventions and response in accordance with applicable policies and procedures
o Communicates with Nurse Manager/ or designee about availability and management of supplies, system equipment and personnel resources at unit/department level
o Demonstrates contribution to unit-based programs and strategies to monitor and continuously improve the quality of patient care
o Optimizes use of staff (overtime, agency, skill mix, etc.) based on unit census and patient acuity
3. CLINICAL INQUIRY
o Shows commitment to learning new knowledge and skills to enhance service to patients/ families and achieve organizational goals
o Implements and validates practices based upon current nursing evidence
o Advances the profession by assisting in clinical education and orientation of other staff and students; may function as preceptor for new staff
o Uses available resources to answer questions in regards to best practices, reflects upon practices on an ongoing basis
o Identifies opportunities for improvement in processes of care and other improvements at a unit level
o Actively participates in the collection and use of data and/or evaluation relative to unit-based performance improvements
4. UNIT SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
o Participates in selection of and completes all unit-specific competencies
o Articulates Nursing Sensitive Indicators and quality goals for unit and describes role in accomplishing expectations; describes role and participates in quality improvement initiatives.
Experience Minimum Required
• Graduate of accredited nursing program with RN licensure.
Education Minimum Required
• AS, RN program completion
• BSN or enrollment in BSN program
Special Skills Minimum Required
• ACLS within 3 months of hire or transfer into ED
• ENPC or PALS within 6 months of hire or transfer
• TNCC certification within 6 months of hire or transfer into ED or 2 hours of trauma education per year
Special Skills Preferred/Desired
• CEN, CPEN, TCRN
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• Registered Nursing License
• ARC or AHA BLS
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!