Goodwill is one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and one of the largest non-profit in Southern California. We are a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our Mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Goodwill SoCal is hiring an experienced Regional Loss Prevention Manager to lead and manage a Loss Prevention team. The LP Manager prevents, detects, investigates and resolves internal and external losses and policy violations. This manager is a key member of the operations organization, supporting and coaching Store Management teams to develop understanding, promote and share LP best practices. This position is based at Goodwill's Los Angeles Campus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides professional protection of company assets, employees and guests while ensuring excellent customer service.
- Conducts and documents internal and external investigations and interviews in a professional, timely, discreet and confidential manner.
- Uses effective and professional written communication skills to prepare accurate and timely investigative reports, email communications, memoranda, and other required forms, spreadsheets and reports.
- Partners and communicates effectively with all lines of business.
- Actively monitors and follows up on suspicious cash variances, cash handling violations, and point of sale exception based reporting data.
- Conducts and promotes proactive Loss Prevention efforts such as awareness programs, training, detailed store audits, and "Focus Store" monitoring as required.
- Operates and monitors video surveillance systems to audit, investigate and review theft and other questionable incidents; downloads and saves video evidence.
- Effectively deals with difficult or angry individuals in a professional manner, using minimal force only when necessary to protect self or others from serious physical harm.
- Accurately and promptly notifies management of serious or unusual incidents or circumstances.
- Maintains professional liaison with law enforcement and other governmental agencies, and represents Goodwill as a witness in court and administrative hearings.
- Provides assistance and back-up to Security operations as needed.
Qualifications:5+ years of loss prevention or investigation experience.3 years of supervisory experience. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred.Intermediate knowledge of computer programs in a Windows environment, including Word, Excel and E-mail.Experience with Security surveillance camera systems; two-way radios; POS-based exception reporting programs.Valid driver's license and state-required auto insurance.Required to travel daily (up to 90% of the time could be required).Spanish / English bilingual preferred.
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: [Link available when viewing the job]
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
This job has expired.