Working under general supervision, the Temp RE Regional Leasing Negotiator prepares initial lease documentation, conducts lease negotiations and prepares related documentation for final approval by management. The primary business objective of this position is to ensure that renewal leases are negotiated to the benefit of GameStop. Associate interacts with his or her supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Negotiate lease renewals, issues and options for mall and strip center stores; draft appropriate changes to documentation in order to protect GameStop's terms and closing the transaction.
* Responsible for the successful renewal, relocation, and/or termination of all existing leases in designated markets.
* Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of potential and existing sites, in partnership with the local District Manager(s), Regional Director(s), VP of Real Estate, and/or other internal and external sources.
* Complete detailed visits to potential sites to evaluate demographic alignment with business model and other key components, as determined by VP of Real Estate and other business partners.
* Evaluate and complete a synopsis of the financial impact to the company, return on investment and feasibility of each potential site by completing detailed analyses of all financials.
* Work effectively with the legal and construction departments to insure that all approved deals are finalized on schedule, insuring successful openings within the approved budget guidelines.
* Review comments from attorney/representative; work closely with Department Vice President and other company divisions and departments to define proper response.
* Make lease determinations with respect to legal issues and policy issues.
* Proactively plan six months in advance of lease renewal terms, and acquire all necessary information to make sound decisions. Provide timely recommendations and suggested courses of action to the VP of Real Estate.
* Conduct research as needed to ensure that the lease renewal terms are appropriate with the current market, location, and other additional factors.
* Construct, organize and maintain spreadsheets.
* Meet deadlines for lease expirations.
* Work with other departments as necessary.
* Work on special projects as needed.
* Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
* Model the high level of customer service expected of all GameStop associates including responding to voice mails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others' feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in business or other related program preferred
* At least 2 years of experience working in a real estate department for a national retailer or developer negotiating lease renewal terms, relocations and new store locations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Working knowledge of various major real estate markets
* Demonstrated ability to negotiate contract terms in a forthright, professional, and tenacious manner for the benefit of the company
* Working knowledge of market rents across the United States
* Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
* Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
* Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Outlook and Word
* Ability to work collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
* Ability to handle effectively multiple and potentially overlapping priorities
* Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, respectful workplace and ethical responsibilities