What you will do
Under general direction from the Regional Manager, manages the Electronic Security Systems (ESS) delivery teams. Assists management in revenue forecasting, billings, collections and resource planning. Assigns projects and ensures appropriate engineering and commissioning resources are assigned to those projects. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local, federal, and legal requirements and operates with the highest of ethics. Ensures staff adheres to all safety standards. Develops and builds contractor, customer, consultant, and subcontractor relationships in the community.
Location: Position will support multiple sites around the Washington D.C./Baltimore Metro area. Remote / virtual (work from home) is available. Travel up to 50% is required. Travel will be mostly local to the Washington DC/Baltimore area
Benefits: Eligible for health and retirement benefits on first day of employment.
How you will do it
1. Manages the overall execution and performance of assigned Electronic Security System (ESS) and Fire Alarm System (FAS) delivery teams. Ensures Regional performance management objectives are met.
2. Ensures that portfolio of projects assigned to reporting PM's comes in at or below estimated cost. Challenges team to significantly improve on profitability of projects by selling change orders.
3. Establishes goals and development plans for all direct reports. Evaluates employee performance and performs salary management. Drives asset management including cost control, billings, collections, and payables.
4. Recruits Project Managers with the appropriate skills and competencies to meet the needs of the Region.
5. Ensures that the systems estimating and engineering library of standards is utilized effectively.
6. Follows up on customer satisfaction issues and drives resolution. Provides leadership by demonstrating focus on achieving customer satisfaction.
7. Assists Regional management in preparation of annual strategic and financial operating plan.
8. Develops and builds contractor, customer, consultant, and subcontractor relationships
9. Assists Management, Sales, or Project Managers in the review and interpretation of contract terms and conditions.
10. Coaches teams on the management of project risks, conflict resolution and establishment project recovery plans.
11. Promotes the securing of change orders.
12. Ensures compliance with the Safety Program for employees and subcontractors to include EM 385-1-1 and our site specific accident prevention plans.13. Ensures compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and ensures that installation business is conducted with the highest ethical standards.
14. Typically manages up to eight Electronic Security Systems (ESS) project delivery teams.
What we look for:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum of ten (10) or more years of progressively more responsible operations management experience in the Building Construction Industry including seven or more years of direct project management experience. Experience managing teams within the ElectronicSecurity System (ESS) industry highly preferred.
3. High-level competence in written and verbal communication
4. Ability to travel based upon geographical locations of assigned teams.
5. Three (3) or more years minimum in the direct supervision of Project Managers.
6. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
Who we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100 years, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military installations worldwide. With the largest portfolio of building technologies and solutions in the world, the Johnson Controls team is passionate about designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, utility savings, fire, and security projects at various federal and military sites around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our "take a journey" video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes long)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)