ARTS & SCIENCES; DEAN (BL-ARSD-IUBLA)
The College of Arts and Sciences is the largest academic unit at Indiana University Bloomington. It is composed of 40+ departments, 50+ Centers, Programs, and Institutes, while also including the Eskenazi School of Art, Architecture and Design, the Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies, and The Media School. Faculty in the College teach over 50 percent of the Indiana University (Bloomington) credit hours in 80+ buildings on the Bloomington campus.
The College's Office of Undergraduate Curriculum, Policy, and Records manages all aspects of the College's undergraduate curriculum, including academic programs (majors, minors, certificates, etc.), courses, academic policies, the College Bulletin, student records, special programs, and curricular information systems and reporting.
The College values diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core strength and essential element in the success of its educational mission. For full diversity statement, click here.
- Serves as a member of the Student Records and Services area of the Office of Undergraduate Curriculum, Policy, and Records (OUCPR).
- Analyzes degree records, applying knowledge of degree requirements for all undergraduate academic programs (past and present) in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Assesses eligibility for entrance into the College of Arts and Sciences, and enters approved exceptions into the Student Information System (SIS).
- Processes administrative forms and provides information and assistance to students, faculty, advisors, and staff as needed concerning degree requirements and Indiana University/College policies and procedures.
- Interprets and explains a wide range of university and governmental policies and procedures involving official records and/or student loans to students, faculty, parents, and the general public.
- Processes and maintains official records; answers specific questions regarding records; ensures that records are accurate and complete; and investigates and resolves any questions or discrepancies.
- May process, approve, and issue short term loans and/or official documents including transcripts, student loan deferments, and insurance forms after determining student eligibility.
- Responds to requests for information; determines appropriateness of release of information under well established university and federal policies; transmits information, if appropriate.
- Distributes and collects forms from walk-in clients; sets up staff appointments, if needed.
- Monitors any changes to student files; updates as new information is received. Develops and maintains files and databases.
- Responds to student inquiries regarding status of account. Provides technical direction to part-time student staff.
- May certify completion of degree requirements.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years in customer service, higher education, or a related field.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Friendly and service-oriented.
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
Bloomington, IndianaAdvertised Salary
$33,000 - $36,000 per yearJob Classification
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Function: Student Services
Job Family: Student Services Generalist
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us