Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Position Title: RDC Supervisor I
Location of Position: Davenport, FL
Reports To (Title): RDC Superintendent
Primary Objective: Supervises warehouse operations which include receiving, put-away, picking, inventory control, loading/unloading, packing and/or checking. Consistently plans, organizes, leads, directs and motivates the work of others with integrity, a sense of urgency and understanding.
Major Functions and Scope:
Education and Knowledge:
- Supervises the daily work schedules and activities of warehouse employees involved in any of the following: shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks, picking and packing.
- Plans, schedules, and assigns work to ensure production goals are achieved.
- Partners with other members of the management team to provide direction and guidance to employees.
- Ensures employees meet all established standards for productivity, accuracy, equipment maintenance, housekeeping and safety.
- Coaches and trains employees in the performance of warehouse activities.
- Supervise warehouse personnel in effecting the receipt, storage, cycle counting and kitting of materials within the daily deadlines.
- Insure the accurate entry of data, proper documentation, and correct inventory activities to support required levels of inventory accuracy.
- Oversee the utilization, maintenance and safe use of material handling equipment and machines
- Act as liaison between the material handling operations and administrative functions
- Supervise subordinate personnel
- Maintain high level of order and housekeeping in the warehouse area
- Manage and implement policies and practices including, but not limited to, the Corporation's Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and applicable safety and health procedures
- Perform other duties as necessary or required
- This position description outlines the major essential functions of the job and is not intended to represent a total definition of all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this classification
Bachelor's degree highly preferred; associates degree and two years; or four plus years of warehouse/distribution management and high school diploma or equivalent required. Ability to read and write English fluently. Basic computer literacy. Working knowledge of all warehouse, distribution, transportation and logistics related functions.Experience:
One to two years logistics/distribution experience required. Minimum one year Lead or Supervisory experience in a warehouse, distribution or manufacturing environment also required.Competencies:
Core competencies include strong communication and leadership skills, problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Ability to train, motivate and coach employees. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Must be proficient in MS Excel. Must possess excellent planning, administrative, and organizational skills. Must be forklift certified.Associates Supervised:
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k,Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
This job has expired.