Supervise the loading of scheduled service flights meeting all the G.O.M. requirements in conjunction with LoadMaster Responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following, but not limited to:
- Supervise the loading and unloading of aircraft as defined in the LoadMaster job description.
- Liaise with Load Control on crew calls communicating delays immediately upon awareness to include any customs issues.
- Process Ramp Department payroll.
- Assist in maintaining the ramp budget.
- Maintain Ramp Operations performance reports and spreadsheets.
- Audit ground handler invoices within a 24-hour period of receipt submitting to the Ramp Manager for approval.
- Meet regularly with Ramp Leads and ground handler management to review operation performance.
- Participate in on-time departure conference calls with Dispatch shift management.
- Meet with hub management on any airworthy issues affecting the on-time departure of flights and compromising airworthiness criteria.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations to all Ramp employees.
- Analyze any work problems to proactively adjust to issues.
- Maintain time and attendance for the cargo handler’s attendance in the attendance book, documenting staff, as necessary.
- Establish time parameters with Load Control to ensure adequate staffing is in place to work multiple flights where applicable.
- Communicate problem issues to The Ramp Manager for handling.
- Hold staff over to maintain flight operations when applicable.
- Ensure productivity of all Ramp Agents, Ramp Leads, and vendors.
- Maintain & track the cargo handler’s attendance in the attendance book, documenting staff as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION and/or CERTIFICATION:
- Achieve or exceed departmental budget performance results.
- Process ground handler billing within 24 hours for approval in 48 hours.
- Maintain satisfactory attendance record within acceptable guidelines as outlined in the company employee manual.
- Process incident reports with ground handlers regarding flight operation or equipment.
- Review and maintain 100% reliability on flight reports.
- Maintain a rating of “good” or better on semi-annual performance evaluations.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Individuals must possess a valid driver’s license and have maintained a safe driving record.
- Familiar with GSE maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable FAA regulations including standard security programs such as OSHA and DERM regulations.
- Knowledge and/or certification of Hazardous Materials handling.
SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
- Prior supervisory experience or lead ramp experience required.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
- Ability to directly supervise Ramp personnel including Ramp Agent and Ramp Coordinators.
- Ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amerijet policies and acceptable laws.
- Ability to train Ramp personnel when necessary.
- Ability to plan, assign, and direct work objectives.
- Ability to appraise performance, reward, and discipline employees.
- Ability to address complaints and resolve problems.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate clearly, (verbally and written), with all levels of staff, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision to the completion of all duties and projects assigned.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to climb, crawl, kneel, crouch, or stoop. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 70#. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.TRAVEL
Traveling may be required occasionally.ACKNOWLEDGMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the workperformed in this position. These statements are not to be construedas an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, and skills required of an employee in thisposition. Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. reserves the right to request that other tasks be performed whenwarranted (for example, by emergencies, changes in personnel or workload,corporate reorganization, or technical development).
Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. also reserves the right to revise this job description.AAP/EEO STATEMENT
Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regards to race, color religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.
Any applicant requiring assistance with our online application process or who needs and accommodation for the application process due to a disability should contact (954) 320-5391.