Expected Travel: Up to 10%
Requisition ID: 6363
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
OEM - Teleflex Medical OEM is a leading global provider of product development and production services for medical device manufacturers. We set ourselves apart with deep expertise, decades of experience, a dedication to design for manufacturability, and extensive, in-house capabilities, which include engineering, regulatory services, material selection and formulation, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly and packaging. We deliver industry-changing innovations and next-generation solutions for extrusions; diagnostic and interventional catheters; balloons and balloon catheters; sheath/dilator sets; specialty sutures, braids and fibers; and bioabsorbable sutures, yarns and resins. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
The R&D Assembler will perform manufacturing duties for any or all Teleflex Medicals OEM's products and will primarily focus on new development projects. This will be done in accordance with customer requirements, the appropriate ISO standard(s), and Teleflex Medical OEM's quality system.
• Responsible for completing medical device assembly that meets all quality and safety requirements, including but not limited to: braiding, reflow, coiling, bonding, tipping, skiving, inspection, and packaging
• Develop, document, and build prototype products, fixture and tooling as directed by engineers; and develop processes to produce catheters and subassemblies according to customer design, performance, and quality specifications; on time and on budget
• Ability to operate heat boxes, reflow ovens, measurement tools and all other tooling associated with catheter assembly.
• Utilize and follow established documentation and GMP practices
• Comply with all quality requirements including proper documentation
• Work with limited supervision and guidance, to process and construct finished and WIP product
• Work in multiple areas, processes and/or assemblies as required
• Participate in training activities
• Actively identify process issues and bring them to the attention of the Technician/Engineer and partner to find solutions
• Utilize a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or engineering print, to process and construct acceptable finished goods and WIP product
• Responsible for completing multiple highly complex assemblies that meet all quality and safety requirements
• Provide guidance to other R&D assemblers with limited supervisory direction
• Train other R&D assemblers on multiple processes and/or assemblies
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education / Experience Requirements
• High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution, preferred
• A minimum of 3 years of regulated medical device assembly experience, or equivalent, is required
• Microscope and/or inspection experience, required
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Ability to make decisions regarding processes, scrap and inspection criteria
• Process troubleshooting skills and knowledge
• Ability to work with engineering on highly complex projects
• Subject matter expert on multiple processes and/or assemblies
• Role model in enterprise excellence initiatives
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago