Job Posting Title
Quality Technician LeadPosition Summary
Proactive individual with initiative, a self-starter and ability to work as a contributing team member, as well as individually with little or no supervision or direction. Be able to perform the primary duties; be able to follow the guidelines and frequency of checks, set forth by FCC and co-Manufacturers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Adheres to all FFC established GMP's
- Train all New Quality Control Technicians upon hire
- Conduct bi- annual training with current Quality Control technicians on updates to the process and trends.
- Escalate and report quality issues immediately and appropriately.
- Serves as a technical expertise for floor Quality Control Knowledge.
- Perform GMP audits as required.
- Performs plant walk-through at the beginning and end of respective shifts
- Back up Quality Control Technicians and perform their roles as needed.
- Places product which is out of specification on a quality hold status as necessary.
- Participate in Quarterly Environmental swabs
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good analytical skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Be at work as scheduled and in a timely manner
- Maintains a clean and neat work area
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Must have knowledge of operating basic laboratory equipment
- Promotes teamwork, possess a good attitude, and exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform tasks as needed
- Spreadsheet and database Knowledge (excel and access)
- Understands and is accountable for full compliance with safety, quality and other relevant requirements
- Ensures compliance with BRC, SQF, and other relevant standards
- Ability to speak, write and read English.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in Food Quality
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.