Schedule: Nights 12 hours shift
Primary Purpose of Position:
Perform quality-oriented tasks and services to support our steel packaging, high-speed manufacturing plant's overall business plans and objectives as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conduct inspections of in-process materials and in-process finished products to meet customer specifications. This includes but is not restricted to measuring FFCH, seam length, bodyhook, overhook, overlap, flange width; measuring squareness, length, and height pressure, checking metal exposure, plate quality and tester as required. Perform other checks as required.
- Advise production when inspection results do not meet customer specifications.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies and materials required for assigned areas.
- Perform record keeping, filing duties, HFI (Hold-For-Inspection) and related duties as required.
- Perform troubleshooting and preventative maintenance on inspection equipment as required.
- Communicats pertinent information to next shift.
- Interact with customers to verify quality and satisfaction.
- Participate in facility's ISO 9000 endeavors.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Comply with established job safety practices, policies, and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for safe performance of the work assignment.
- Support and follow the guidelines of the food safety system.
At Sonoco, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including competitive pay and benefits package options that include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays to recreate and rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- A variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement plan
Sonoco is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related manufacturing field usually acquired through technical school education or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years or more of job related experience working in a quality role production environment.
- Ability to calibrate and maintain inspection equipment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a production environment complying with all safety and Personal Protection Equipment (PPE rules) and guidelines.
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with customer in mind; establish and maintain effective relationships, gains their trust and respect.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
This job has expired.