S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
Job Title: Quality Control Technician -- Fabrication Shop
Assists in maintaining the overall quality the of all operations of the Fabrication Shop under the supervision of the Fabrication Supervisor. Inclusive of maintaining high safety standards and practice, high quality product, high service standards to our project sites and field personnel, prompt and on-time delivery of fabrication material, equipment, and tools from our Shop, pick up of job sites, organization of shop and stock item areas, inventory control and follow through of material returns to vendors and suppliers.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist enforcing ZAP - Zero Accident Program.
- Assist in enforcing overall cleanliness and organization.
- Assist in ensuring employees are following defined processes
- Review of sketches and inspection/approval of ada-cap and riser nipples prior to bundling/crating
- Inspection of both automated and hand welds
- Inspect and measure both rolled and cut grooves ensuring they are within the tolerance
- Inspect and gage threads
- Review and inspect inbound pipe loads for paint quality
- Inspect outbound trucks for safety and quality ensuring all associated materials and tools are present
- Audit crated contents for jobs ensuring all material pulled and consolidated is correct and present
- Inspect pipe bundles ensuring they are symmetrical, and no rust is present on the pipe, grooves, or outlets
- Perform inbound inspections on assigned materials and subcontracted hanger assemblies
- Inspect riser assemblies ensuring they are tagged, capped, and wrapped for shipping
- Assist in further developing of quality processes in all operations of the fabrication shop
- Identify non-conformances and generate QC reports.
- Photo document pipe and materials found to be non-conforming
- Assist in developing Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) for quality issues inside the manufacturing process.
- Work with team to reduce scrap.
- Work with team to utilize extra scrap.
- Work to reduce stored or returned pipe, riser nipples, and hangers.
- Assist in data collection for downtime analysis.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education / Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing is a plus.
- 2-5 years of quality assurance/quality control experience is a plus.
- 2-5 years of blueprint reading is a plus.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
- Computer Skills: Significant experience with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).