About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Quality Control Specialist (NARA)K
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking a Quality Control Specialist in Camp Springs, MD and Washington, DC.
The Quality Control Specialist (QCS) ensures through various audits, inspections, tests and measures that the Vendor's personnel performing under this task order follow approved procedures/directives when performing repairs to equipment, performing work under service calls, alterations and maintenance and preventive maintenance services. The work requirement includes audits on preventive maintenance processes, service calls, and maintenance repairs of a wide variety of electrical, electronic, and HVAC systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of personnel in this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the procedures, technical manuals, and contractual requirements are complied with when performing inspections, configuration changes, alterations, testing, and refurbishment operations.
- Perform inspections and audits on preventive maintenance processes, service calls, and maintenance repairs, ensures, through various audits, inspections, tests, and measures, that shop personnel follow approved procedures/directives when performing repairs to equipment, service calls, alterations and maintenance repairs
- Ensure that equipment configurations are returned to normal operational readiness, and that overall system performance is satisfactory
- Ensure that corrective action requirements are established and maintained for problem reporting and problem recurrence
- Monitor all operations for ensuring a safe working environment is established and maintained
- Ensure personnel performing assigned tasks are qualified and certified as required. Establishes trend analysis data for process monitoring and problem reporting
- Document any corrective actions required when violations of approved practices and procedures are noted and performs follow-up observations when necessary
- Monitor the management systems for compliance with applicable directives governing recall, maintenance, repairs and inspections of necessary support items such as documentation, calibration of equipment and material handling devices
- Inspect procedural documentation, technical manuals and other standards and specifications to ensure they are current and that all applicable changes have been entered, including AutoCAD drawings
- Ensure that personnel performing repairs to equipment follow all procedures governing the repair and operation of the applicable equipment
- Inspect to ensure material handling devices to be used have been recently tested and certified; Perform quality assurance audits as planned and directed by the Vendor's Corporate Personnel and as required or directed by the COR
- Develop trend analysis data of preventive maintenance, service calls and maintenance repairs for monitoring and problem identification
- Perform, witnesses, monitors, and verifies the inspections, repairs, alterations and tests performed by shop personnel
- At the beginning of each month, provide a written technical report to the Corporate Level and a copy of the technical report to the COR, concerning all processing and procedure deficiencies, technical problems, and/or potential problems.
- Respond to all Government Quality Audits both Satisfactory and Unsatisfactory
- Attend meetings to discuss with the Client to discuss the approved QC program and evaluate the Vendor's performance.
- Must fluently speak, read and write the English language
- Must be thoroughly knowledgeable of quality control concepts and procedures, specifically applicable to building alterations, operational equipment and systems.
- Must possess the skill and knowledge to interpret and apply specifications to equipment.
- Must have knowledge of such programs as the calibration recall program, preventive maintenance, service calls and maintenance repairs applicable to a building environment.
- Additionally, the QCS will have a thorough knowledge of quality assurance principles, which include:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Program review
- Personnel certification and qualification
- Corrective action and follow-up actions
- Product quality
- Acceptance criteria
- Test and inspection operations
- Documentation control
- Maintenance operations
- Configuration control
- Trend analysis development and monitoring
- Deficiency reporting and tracking
Light to moderate physical exertion is required in lifting and carrying items weighing from 10 to 50 pounds, with occasional lifting over 50 pounds with assistance. The position requires long periods of standing, stooping, climbing and working in areas of operating equipment. Work is performed throughout the buildings and some outside work may be required. This position is subjected to high level noises, fumes from solvents, and soil from grease. The QCS may be required to work overtime, second shift, or third shift. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled