A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Quality Control Inspector, you will be responsible for QC inspection of products to the established quality standards to meet customer demand and expectations. Additionally, you will optimize operations to realize maximum efficiency and productivity. As part of the team you will understand and follow all written documents including Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), forms, Test Methods, and Test Specifications as well as ensure proper line opening and line closing for one or more complete operations.
- Adhere to company Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) procedures
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Communicate both in writing and verbally to the manufacturing team of any issues or opportunities that may affect product quality
- Communicate with previous and following shifts the status of processes
- Check the Material Lists and Lot #'s
- Coordinate material disposition activities in support of Production requirements / consumptions
- Perform line clearance of materials & equipment and changeover activities
- Maintain an effective & professional communication with supervisors, operators & management
- Assist in relieving operators in tasks that do not impact your QC inspections (carts, materials, moving product etc.)
- Read, follow and understand operating procedures
- Learn multiple production operations and adjust quickly to new tasks
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. while using company supplied safety equipment
- Wear mask, goggles, safety shoes, apron, gloves, suits, and related personal protective equipment
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ year of clean room quality experience
- Associate or Bachelor's in Quality
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sufficient computer related skills to perform data entry and print reports
- Capable of doing basic math and counting to large numbers without error
- Ability to work in a complex and fast paced environment.
- High intellectual horsepower with proven problem-solving ability and troubleshooting skills. Good decision maker
- Collaborative and likeable team player
- Always looking to share and advance best practices.
- Ability to drive change and challenge the status quo in a respectful/professional manner
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 218697
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time