Location: Long Grove, IA
Description: Heavy parts equipment manufacturing company is seeking an experienced Quality Manager to lead its Quality Department.
- Establishes and implements Quality Assurance policies, procedures, and instructions following required standards ISO-9001.
- Supports the internal audit program per documented procedures.
- Prepares periodic reports on Cost of Quality, customer complaints, quality programs, and other quality-related issues as part of the management review process
- Manages the Supplier Quality Assurance activities, including reporting on supplier performance.
- Tracks supplier non-conforming material and coordinates activities that focus on preventive, long-term corrective actions from suppliers.
- Manages and ensures the proper use of quality tools, control plans, and measurement systems analysis.
- Conducts designed experiments, statistical problem solving and advanced product quality planning, when required.
- Responds to customer concerns with formal short-term and long-term corrective actions developed with the appropriate cross-functional teams.
- Provides plant support for lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, and manufacturing excellence efforts.
- Facilities problem solving and corrective actions with appropriate departments, including verification of the implemented solutions.
- Ensures that appropriate resources are in place for verification activities, including internal quality audits.
- Implements, and maintains a quality operating system.
- Responsible for adherence to all company safety and housekeeping rules.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience level of knowledge in a related discipline, plus 5 years of direct quality assurance experience.
- Knowledge of steel manufacturing/machining operations, with demonstrable managerial skills in organizing, analyzing, planning, and communications.
- The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in a quality leadership role with a working knowledge of ISO9001 quality management standards.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of manufacturing operations plus "hands-on" skills in problem-solving, statistical methods, advanced product quality planning, and continuous improvement.
Company will provide relocation package.Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com