Job Posting Title
Quality Compliance Program SpecialistPosition Summary
To develop, train, lead and monitor compliance programs for the business. Programs include Management of Change and Internal Auditing, also providing support for additional quality programs.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Support the Ferrara's quality and food safety department goals by developing, training and leading the management of change and internal quality and food safety audit program.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to design and deploy a management of change program across all Ferrara locations. Support and monitor program progress, communicate gaps and assist facilities with continued compliance.
- Establish an internal audit program to drive effective continuous improvement activities ensuring facility compliance with all aspects of internal policies, regulations, and FSSC 22000. Support and monitor program progress, communicate gaps and assist facilities with continued compliance.
- Monitor quality programs by the development of KPIs and communication of results.
- Conduct quality systems related training periodically for appropriate audiences.
- Lead meetings and drive communication of quality systems programs.
- Comply with applicable regulatory requirements, Ferrara policies and operational procedures.
- Maintain positive and cooperative communication with all levels of employees, customers and vendors.
- Preform other related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
- Strong knowledge of food safety and quality systems - FSSC 22000, continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Experience in quality program implementation and maintenance
- Experience and working knowledge of HACCP/ HARPC programs. The ability to assess and understand food safety risk.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication with employees at different levels in the organization.
- Auditing experience (internal, supplier or third party), certified auditor under a GFSI standard and is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- B.S. Degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering or another related field.
- Experience in food, pharmaceutical or agricultural processing.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.