Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This position is responsible for being involved in inspection and quality control procedures with regard to purchased material, in-process material, and finished products to assure that quality control standards are achieved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and/or adapt inspection equipment to meet quality control standards, make suggestions with regard to procedures, standards, and equipment to facilitate work and maintain product quality.
- Analyze facts or circumstances surrounding individual problems to determine what action should be taken within the limits of standard practice.
- Responsible for compilation and maintenance of inspection reports and records.
- Investigate and determine the cause of faulty work and consult and advise production supervisors as to corrective measures.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum education, job experience, certifications, skills, knowledge, and abilities that incumbent must typically have to perform the essential functions of the job acceptably with or without reasonable accommodation.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in Quality Control in a manufacturing environment,
- Excellent computer skills with a strong knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are necessary.
Specialized equipment used in this job
- Computer and office equipment
- Other skills and qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication/language skills required to include the ability to provide written and verbal instructions, compile and present business-reports/correspondence, and present information clearly.
- Knowledge of inspection and quality control methods, techniques, and equipment.
- Knowledge of the use of a wide variety of measuring instruments and schematics.
- Quality and customer service orientation.
- Ability to cooperate and interpersonal skills to work effectively as a team member.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.