At EMD Performance Materials the QA/QC Manager is responsible for all aspects of Quality (quality assurance, quality control, and quality system management) and for providing technical support for the US Silica Operations. The QA/QC Manager will be working within a multi-disciplinary team environment and will be responsible for developing and maintaining good working relationships with business contacts both internally and externally. The QA/QC Manager must be self-motivated and able to respond to deviations in the daily work schedule. The role reports to the Site Director for US Silica Operations and manages a team of 4 direct reports.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Manage all aspects of quality and provide technical support (quality assurance, quality control, and quality systems) for US Silica Operations and quality systems management (including maintenance of quality documents, quality records, and auditing).
- Ensure customer quality and technical support needs are met.
- Provide and manage customer support needs and help solve quality technical problems.
- Be a key contact for customer quality and change management topics.
- Participate in leadership and management meetings. Lead quality specific meetings.
- Be a quality advocate and quality leader in the management team.
- Know the quality standard and ensure quality system is maintained.
- Manage the quality group's operations budget and recommend capex investments and project manage their implementation and qualification.
- Guide continuous improvement efforts
- Managing a team of 4 direct reports performing QA/QC.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related Science or Engineering discipline with 5+ years' experience in quality management as well as managing a team and a cost center
- 5+ years' experience applying IS0 9000 quality standard
- Master's Degree or other advanced degree, preferably in chemistry or engineering (or related field). Knowledge of or previous experience: in semi-conductor manufacturing, CMP process; or the manufacture, testing, or application of colloidal silica.
- Experience in customer and supplier quality relationships.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical methods and continual improvement processes.
- Knowledge of colloidal silica, characterization, CMP process, Six Sigma and other statistical tools is beneficial.
- Experience in quality management topics and managing customer and supplier relationships.
- Knowledge of common quality analysis methods is beneficial.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics. Understanding of advanced statistical quality control concepts and techniques. Knowledge of Six Sigma and other Statistical applications is beneficial.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer skills using Microsoft software applications, statistical analysis software like Minitab, and other data management and analysis software like SAP. Knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, partners, and customers.
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with business contacts both internally and externally.
- Ability to work well in a team environment together with the Operations, Commercial, R&D and supporting functions.
- Ability to respond to deviations in the daily work schedule.
- Well organized and disciplined.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Job Requisition ID: 210794
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.