About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCG’s seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/humanservices/.
PCG is seeking a highly motivated and dependable Provider Specialist with an interest in public service who can work in our San Diego, CA Stage 1 Child Care operations. The Provider Specialists will serve as information and communication sources for child care providers, colleagues, and other county agencies to help link families with quality child care. This staff person will be responsible for working with families and child care providers from diverse backgrounds, entering appropriate information into CalWIN, and continuously monitoring provider eligibility criteria.
Conduct and facilitate orientations for potential child care providers; possess good public speaking skills.
- Complete new provider intake summaries with detailed notes from the interview/intake
- Collect new child care provider information, create files and enure all appropriate information is updated and entered into various case management data base system(s).
- Request, compile and file required verifications.
- Understand and thoroughly explain child care provider requirements, child care options available to parents, and importance of quality child care.
- Utilize all required State and County computer systems for case management.
- Ensure all required forms and documentation have required signatures, obtain signatures as necessary, and appropriately file.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with partners including CalWORKs participants, County staff, child care providers and Stage 2 and 3 child care payment agencies.
- Provide monthly reporting statistics to supervisor for designated area of responsibility.
- Willingness to travel to different office locations to conduct provider intakes as needed.
- Proper etiquette including customer relation techniques, superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of all materials in the work setting.
- Possess good understanding of basic office functions such as faxing, copying and scanning; proficient with computers.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office suite.
- Foster and maintain professional relationships with community partners and child care providers.
- Ability to maintain a record keeping and follow-up system.
- Ability to work independently, requiring minimal supervision and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be culturally competent with people of diverse backgrounds.
Required Education and Experience:
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
This job has expired.
- Previous child care case management, resource and referral, and/or payment experience.