Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
This position is responsible for performing, managing & executing the successful development of pursuit activities and personnel in support of the overall RFP/RFQ proposal preparation, from pursuit to award for our Heavy Civil Group. Remote position negotiable.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Manage strategic pursuit planning deliverables with Pursuit Manager in support of proposal content development, compilation, editing/revisions, legal forms, and submission for public and private clients in the Company's current markets and targeted new markets.
- Develop, implement, maintain and train personnel in a systematic approach to proposal and interview preparation that is applicable to all of Granite that will result in winning proposals.
- Manage and maintain information databases (resumes, project images, project cut sheets and boilerplate) to streamline efficient and high-quality proposal preparation.
- Manage and perform desktop publishing of proposal cover, tabs, content and layout of proposal deliverables that reflect Granite's brand and quality standards.
- Manage the overall proposal process with pursuit manager on both sponsored and non-sponsored projects as requested to ensure that Granite fulfills its obligations for the proposal in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Assist in the preparation of material and presenters for client presentations
- Participate in client debriefings on both successful and unsuccessful pursuits & distribute lessons learned to improve Company proposal process, systems and product.
- Lead the preparation of award applications as assigned to ensure that Company is presented in the best manner possible.
- Coordinate the creation of presentation materials for any meetings with the client that may be part of the proposal process to ensure that that Company is presented in the best manner possible.
- Assist in the preparation of presenters for any meetings with the client that may be part of the proposal process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Similar Field preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Seven (7) years prior professional experience in technical writing & proposal preparation required.
- Prior experience in coordinating and/or supervising proposal personnel required.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) required
- Prior experience in construction or engineering proposal preparation desirable
- Ability to co-ordinate and manage personnel who are not direct reports through influence
- Superior technical writing skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Works well independently or in a team environment
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in an unfamiliar environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Additional Requirements/Skills
- Travel required.
- Must be able to work efficiently in both a team-based environment or independently, depending on the project.
- Must be flexible to changing needs and assignments and able to adjust to last-minute requests to ensure responsiveness to needs of proposal.
#LI-TB1About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.