As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Property Tax Analyst position takes an active role in evaluating equability of assessed values to help maximize tax savings for the company. This is accomplished by preparing Sales and Income approaches to value and considering capital expenditures incurred for rehabilitation that may support reduced assessments. This individual will frequently interact with Assessors, Taxing Authorities, and Consultants on the company's behalf. Internal communication will also regularly occur with the company's Accounting, Finance, Legal, Asset Management, Accounts Payable, and Treasury departments.
- Evaluates equability of assessed values by utilizing market and internal financial data to perform
- Sales and Income approaches to valuation
- Files appeal applications, prepares persuasive narratives, and negotiates appeals with County Assessors when valuations support lower assessments
- Generates tax payments to ensure that property tax bills are paid in a full and timely manner, with special attention placed on coding to appropriate GL and payment period and that all owned properties are accounted for
- Reviews consulting/attorney fee invoices to verify company is billed only for properties with tax savings in a manner consistent with consulting agreement
- Updates log of pending and completed assessment appeals; tracks annual tax savings and monitors status of refunds
- Updates log of pending and completed assessment appeals
- Maintains list of consultants and reviews invoices for accuracy
- Ensures that tax pro-rations reported on HUD's are accurate; communicates any variances to the Legal department
- Validates third party property tax accruals for accuracy and completeness
Work where you feel right at home
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Economics, Finance or Management required
- Minimum of one (1) year of property tax experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required; must be familiar with advanced functions
- Must be familiar with navigating through and identifying Buyer/Seller charges presented on HUD/Closing Statement documents
- Working knowledge of Yardi Voyager, SharePoint and/or Dynamics CRM preferred
- Strong negotiation, planning and organizing skills
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!Related Keywords
property tax analyst, property management, real estate, property accounting, accounting, business, economics, finance, management, property tax, full time,
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy
This job has expired.