Contra Costa Electric(CCE) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Since 1946 the name Contra Costa Electric, Inc. has stood for value, quality and service. Our success is a result of our commitment to these principles. Headquartered in Martinez, CA with branch offices in Bakersfield and Fresno, CA, we combine the global reach and strong financial resources of EMCOR, vast local project experience and collaborative labor relations with the skill and knowledge of our professional personnel to fill the wide range of electrical construction needs of California.
Job Title:Project Planner / Scheduler (Construction)
CONTRA COSTA ELECTRIC, INC. has a position available as Project Planner / Scheduler to support members of our Project Management team in our Martinez, CA office.
As a member of our Project Management team, you will be responsible for the development, and management of Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) schedules for a determined portfolio of work as per existing standards in Microsoft Projects / Primavera P6. This position coordinates with the project stakeholders (project management teams, field supervision, Scheduling Department teams and corporate resources to develop detailed, resource-loaded (Critical Path Methodology) CPM schedules and is responsible for reporting out on schedule performance analytics, KPI's and incurred or potential impacts using existing standards set up for schedule management. This position reports directly to the Commercial Division Manager / VP.
Description of Duties:
- Assist Estimating and the Design Build Teams with the development of Conceptual, Bid and Preconstruction Schedules
- Support Project Construction Teams with the project schedule as outlined below.
- Facilitate the development of the initial Baseline Schedule for projects to assure the following:
- Transition and coordination of the Bid Schedule thought process and concerns to the Baseline Schedule.
- Involvement of the Project Team to guarantee ownership of the schedule.
- Coordinate Sub-contractor involvement, input and buy-in.
- Compliance with contract specific scheduling requirements.
- Clear presentation of the Baseline Schedule to Owners, detailing the thought process and major areas of concern.
- Facilitate the schedule update process to assure the following:
- Accurate as-built data for activity start and completion tracking.
- Accurate representation of the current progress (% complete), current work plan and projected start and finish dates.
- Addition of new work activities required to define extra work, changed conditions or other impacts, needed to maintain an accurate planning tool.
- Compliance with contract required narratives, reports and submittals.
- Communication of the current schedule status, projected plan and critical path activities to all parties involved.
- Evaluate and analyze production progress and identify possible risk to schedule or budget.
- Provide additional schedule support as required:
- Recovery Schedules
- Time Impact Analysis
- What-if Analysis Schedules
- Provide Monthly Executive Schedule Summary Analysis for projects.
- Maintain positive working relationships with clients, building owners, contractors, consultants, vendors and partners.
Experienced applicants must have a minimum of 10+ years working for an electrical contractor with direct experience in Commercial and Industrial construction projects as a Project Scheduler, Project Manager and or Estimator. Must be knowledgeable in all areas of electrical installation including a working knowledge of contract documents, project estimates, and construction specifications. Must be skilled in prioritizing, problem solving, multi-tasking and organizing. Excellent communication and computer skills are required. Must maintain excellent communications and working relationship with clients and their representatives.
- Design-build experience preferred
- Experienced in monthly reporting and Earned Value Management
- Knowledge of Lean scheduling practices and the Last Planner System (LPS)
- Experience in Pull Planning methodology
- Previous experience in managing integrated schedules and master schedules
- Strong knowledge of local standards and client project management methodology
- Coaching, teaching, mentoring, and personnel development
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and reporting writing methods
- Motivated and task-oriented individual who performs well in team environment.
Working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Power Point, Word, and Excel applications. Advanced use capabilities of Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office products. Prefer experience working with BIM/VDC on 4D and 5D schedules.Preferred Education and Experience
- Project Scheduling: 5 years
- Commercial Construction: 10 years
- A degree in engineering, construction management, or demonstrated equivalent and related experience.
Join Contra Costa Electric, Inc, a division of EMCOR Group, the world-leading provider of planning, consulting, mechanical and electrical construction, and facilities services. EMCOR is a network of 79 companies and employs over 26,000 staff in more than 100 locations throughout the US and Canada, in Europe, the Middle East and South Africa. We offer our team members medical, dental, optical, 401K, vacation, and holiday pay. Apply now to join our great team today! For more information, please visit our website at emcorgroup.com
Contra Costa Electric, Inc, requires all new hires to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. Contra Costa Electric, Inc, is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.