S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
Job Title: Project Manager Intern
A Project Manager Intern will be assigned a mentor(s) to observe their functions and processes. They will assist the Project Manager mentor in overseeing all aspects of the project using planning, monitoring and controlling processes. A Project Manager Trainee will assist with the co-ordination and completion of multiple projects and to this end will aid in a variety of tasks including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring and summarizing progress of the project, and familiarizing themselves with required project reports and paperwork.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accurately define project requirements
- Assist with creating job schedules
- Coordinating the delivery of tools and fabrication
- Identifying and managing the personnel assigned to each project and track their labor efficiency
- Attend job progress meetings and initiating change orders and contract progress billings with the Project Manager.
- Learn how to estimate remaining "cost-to-complete" for monthly WIP reporting.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of assigned projects so that they are completed on time and on budget in correlation with the Project Manager.
- Working with clients to brainstorm creative solutions to their problems and to ensure their needs are met through our customized solutions
- Ensuring projects follows established guidelines that ensure they are completed as efficiently as possible
- Communicating with team members regarding project needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Reading and analyzing job cost reports
- Responding timely to inquiries from management
- Assist with collections as required
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education / Work Experience:
- Recent graduate or currently enrolled full-time at an accredited university, pursuing a Bachelors degree in Construction Management, or other similar degree is required. Knowledge with sprinkler systems/plumbing and previous construction internship / experience a plus. Must have a basic understanding of key project management principles and construction processes required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications.