EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: Project Manager, Design & Construction (SHC) for EMCOR at Stanford Health Care
Job Summary: EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS) has an immediate need for a Project Manager, Design & Construction in Menlo Park, CA.
The Design and Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day efforts related to programming, planning, design, construction, and activation of small projects for the Stanford Health Care (SHC) under the general supervision of the Director. Ensures completion of projects within budget, on schedule, while meeting all program objectives and appropriate governmental regulations. Also acts as a liaison between the client / users and all other project participants including consultants, contractors, vendors, and outside jurisdictional agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification, and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Functions may vary based on defined specialties:
- Assesses and documents project scope and program, describing the objectives, physical requirements, parameters, and constraints of the project; including not only the user's functional needs, but also hospital and external jurisdictional criteria for heal and safety, operation, maintenance, energy efficiency, quality standards, contextual issues, and aesthetics.
- Assists in the development of policies, guidelines, standards, and acts as department representative on committees and professional organizations.
- Implements quality control measures to ensure project compliance with department, hospital, and university policies, government codes and regulations; also ensures conformance to the requirements of all project participants.
- Maintains communications on a regular and timely basis, ensuring that all project participants are informed of project status, problems, and required actions.
- Manages the process of furnishing and equipment selection, purchasing, and installation.
- Manages the review and approval process to ensure appropriate approvals of all design work from schematic studies through final construction documents and related field changes and changes in scope; as well as approval for conceptual and detailed projects budgets.
- Manages the selection process and contract negotiations for consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Prepares and maintains accurate, coherent, timely, and auditable project records / files, and cost estimates with department procedures; and ensures that space inventory reports are complete.
- Provides leadership and supervision to assigned consultants.
Employees must abide by all the Joint Commission requirements including, but not limited to, sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patients' rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Employees must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the C-I-CARE Standards of the Hospital. C-I-CARE is the foundation of Stanford's patient-experience and represents a framework for patient-centered interactions.Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline / field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of Three (3) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
- Preference for having a Certified Facility Manager (CFM) and / or Project Management Professional (PMP), but not required
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure / certification.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Ability to budget, make financial projections and write reports
- Ability to ensure project compliance with hospital infection control procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with widely diverse groups, including individuals at all levels both within and outside the organization and gain their cooperation
- Ability to handle potentially sensitive situations by applying consultative skills in working with internal and external constituent groups
- Ability to plan, organize, motivate, mentor, direct and evaluate the work of others
- Ability to prioritize work by making informed judgments and to develop solutions for complex problems
- Ability to utilize project management tools
- Knowledge of CAD system, CAFM, estimating, cost control, scheduling, construction administration, quality control, specification writing, and space planning
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility
- Knowledge of technical, professional and business in the fields of healthcare delivery, architecture, and construction, and building design process
EMCOR Facilities Services requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Facilities Services is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.
- Off hour/weekend work coverage required to minimize impact to hospital operations.