DeBra-Kuempel Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. DeBra-Kuempel combines the expertise of two of the tri-state's oldest and most innovative companies, providing full mechanical, plumbing, controls, and electrical services to Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Evansville, Lexington, Louisville, and the surrounding areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
- Drive the project's overall flow effectively from inception to completion.
- Obtain contract and bid documents from estimating; review and understand scope for project turnover. Attend walk-throughs.
- Ensure all project document control is completed efficiently by project team, including but not limited to, insurance, bonding, permits, submittals, RFI's, change orders, correspondence, etc.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, environmental regulations, or other regulations.
- Select subs and equipment suppliers with input from engineering, estimating, and purchasing as required.
- Verify correct drawings are distributed to field.
- Create schedules of value, or billing format as required by the contract documents.
- Create project schedule showing completion, delivery dates and sub requirements. Integrate into overall project and manpower schedule as required. Understand notice requirements.
- Request PO's for major equipment and subs indicating shipping requirements and anticipating delivery dates. (Request proper delivery notice at that time.)
- Facilitate material takeoffs by trade foreman.
- Host and attend all necessary meetings with both internal and external entities to review scheduling and delivery, work plans, job progress, manpower, and solutions to setbacks.
- Support accounting department in monthly billings and collections and follow up on outstanding balances.
- Collaborate with foreman regarding project safety. (Toolbox talks and weekly walk through.)
- Gather and track information for changes in scope and manage estimating for pricing. P.M. will finalize C.O. pricing after estimating completes takeoff and attempt to maximize profit on C.O.s. Ensure no work starts prior to approval via contract.
- Assist field personnel in closeout of project.
- Obtain as-builts from field; request REVIT or CAD models from engineering.
- Escalate critical and/or sensitive issues to the Division Manager / Project Executive with recommendation for resolution.
- Comply with all Company operating policies, procedures, and safety programs as established.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the company or as directed by executives.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 7-10 years related experience in mechanical industry.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor of Science with an engineering or construction management focus preferred.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and contract documentation.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and city regulations and guidelines.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism, and commitment to company values.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, strategic, technical, analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
- Must possess ability to manage and supervise personnel.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.