Basic Job Functions:
Manage complex projects with multiple detailers, products and vendors from estimating to final completion. Cultivate a positive customer service environment while maximizing profits for Harris Rebar.
Nucor Harris Rebar is seeking applicants for our project manager position located in Newton, IA. We are North America's leading fabricator, installer and distributor of concrete reinforcing steel and related products. Teammates are the key to our success and every teammate can and does make a difference. We prioritize safety in everything we do. A career at Nucor Harris Rebar means stability, being heard and respected, and opportunity for personal and professional growth. Nucor, our parent company, is a Fortune 100 company recently named Fortune's best workplace in Manufacturing and Production. Nucor is committed to being good stewards of the environment and is constantly striving to find new and innovative ways to decrease our carbon footprint. Each branch of Nucor Harris Rebar works together as a team to be the best in the business. We're looking to add a hardworking teammate with integrity and problem-solving skills.
Medical and dental are just the beginning. We value our teammates and offer a benefits package that also includes a bonus program, profit sharing, retirement savings, vacation and holiday pay, scholarship and tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth potential. When you join Nucor Harris Rebar you are joining a fast-paced and stable work environment. For more information on our benefits go to Nucor.com/benefits.
- Must adhere to Harris Rebar's safety programs and standards.
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar's vision and values.
- Review contract documents/drawings and coordinate detailing efforts to ensure that we supply products and services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Provide total contract management of each project assigned, including coordination of the detailing, scheduling, delivery and costs of products and services utilizing the company business system, industry standards and other company resources.
- Oversee efforts to ensure that Harris Rebar fulfills contractual obligations on the assigned project(s).
- Coordinate project requirements with the contractor's representative as well as with the rebar installer, engineer and/or architect using Harris Rebar's contract management guidelines.
- Schedule the detailing and delivery of required products and services with the contractor, detailers, and Harris Rebar production staff as needed.
- Review changes to the project to determine their scope, ensure the accuracy of same, and then process the appropriate documentation in accordance with the company's change order procedures.
- Assist in the change order process culminating in the acceptance of the change order by the customer.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to appropriate staff, workers, and customers.
- Represent the company in project meetings as needed.
- Work with Detailing Manager to help control the financial aspects of contracts to protect the company's interest and simultaneously maintain a good relationship with customers.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Branch Manager.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.Minimum Qualifications:
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.
- Ability to apply ACI codes and CRSI standards required
- Experience in customer relations and resolving problems or disputes
- A basic knowledge of contract law, standard business practices and human relations
- Strong mathematical skills