A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Project Manager for MilliporeSigma at the Madison & Verona, WI sites, you will manage high visibility, innovative and complex projects to support strategic initiatives. These can cover a broad range of topics including digital & technology advancements, key site initiatives, and Operational Excellence projects. You will take an active role in communication at the site, as well as best practice sharing through collaboration with other manufacturing sites in the MilliporeSigma network. You will interface with multiple functions including Operations, Quality, Engineering, HR, Operational Excellence and other stakeholders including Commercial and Customers.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Lead strategic projects, involving multiple departments or being the contact person between Madison/Verona and other sites/functions
- Track, monitor and control project performance - including goals, expenses and timelines, performing frequent assessments and providing solutions to keep it within expectations
- Conduct regular project status meetings involving site leadership team and communicate key project status to the full site
- Support continuous improvement initiatives, working in liaison with Opex manager
- Support digital and technology projects which could include SAP or other system improvements, and implementation of new technology to drive efficiency, quality improvements and/or cost savings.
- Prepare and conduct workshops to identify project ideas
- Manage project teams to execute projects effectively and efficiently, defining scope, budget, task owners and schedule for projects
- Identify project risks and recommend appropriate solutions
- Identify and manage relationship with project stakeholders, providing regular updates
- Ensure project deliverables align with site, team and stakeholder goals and expectations
- Develop and implement project management procedures and methodologies to achieve business goals
- Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- May Travel 1-5 time a year to areas such as St Louis, Milwaukee, Sheboygan
- 3+ years Operations experience or related area, preferably in a cGMP environment.
- 2+ years Project Management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or other related science.
What we offer:
- Project/Program management certifications.
- Customer facing or commercial experience.
- Excellent organizational skills with clear written and oral communication needed including the ability to give presentations and to speak to large groups.
- Experience with lean six sigma methodologies, black belt.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to design and drive change management programs to support the roll-out of new programs or processes.
- Experience managing a cross functional team with strong evidence of collaborating in a matrix environment across various department functions/roles.
- Thorough understanding of software tools such as knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint, and project management tools.
- Working knowledge of the project management techniques necessary for implementing cross-functional projects.
- General financial knowledge and Business Acumen.
- Understanding of basic concepts of cGMP, Operations & Quality management systems.
- Capability to work independently with minimal supervision.
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 220204
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time