A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Project Manager's primary responsibility is to support Gene Editing and Novel Modalities in planning, implementation, communication and execution of special projects related to gene editing, and viral and cell therapy. Additionally, this role will support the execution of the GENM PMO mission and vision.
Who You Are:Basic Qualifications:
- Communicate with internal and external project team members and stakeholders as needed to identify and drive the completion of all project tasks and workstreams.
- Maintain the Master Project Plan and manage project documents according to the Product Development Process (PDP).
- Drive closure/completion of action items and deliverables through follow up with stakeholders and contributors.
- Manage the project to desired timeline.
- Anticipate project risks and actively drive towards resolution.
- Present project status to sponsors and stakeholders.
- Maintain visibility into milestones and deliverables.
- Represent the project at key meetings, record and distribute minutes with action items and due dates.
- Generate monthly updates including tracking any relevant metrics for stakeholder
- Act as liaison with internal groups (R&D, applications, business development) and external groups (partner, collaboration efforts) for planning, securing resources and execution.
- Track budget data to ensure accurate forecasting.
- Coordinate invoicing and payments.
- Manage the project SharePoint site.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or related life science discipline
- 3+ years of experience working in biology, chemistry, engineering or related life science field
- 3+ years Project Management experience
- 1+ years of experience working on R&D projects in a global, matrixed organization
- Previous exposure to gene editing concepts
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
- Experience in product launch activities
- Technical understanding of biological systems including R&D, Manufacturing, Process Development and Biotesting
- Proven understanding of project management software and platforms and willingness to expand knowledge in this area
- Experience with a stage gate process
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders and influence contributors across a variety of levels
- Agility, flexibility, adaptability due to shifting landscape of priorities
- Previous work experience in international and multidisciplinary project teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to perform in a virtual environment and to interact effectively with staff at all levels of the organization in face to face and remote settings
- Strong decision-making skills as well as strong business acumen
- Attention to detail and accuracy with respect to internal and external reporting
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214206
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.