The Harris Products Group, a Lincoln Electric Company, is a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of brazing, soldering, heating, cutting and welding equipment, as well as brazing and soldering alloys and welding consumables.
Req. ID: 22161
Harris Products Group, Mason, OH
PURPOSE: This role is responsible for ensuring successful completion of major engineering projects (new equipment specification/design/purchase, process improvements, etc.) from inception through implementation, meeting project schedules and budgets. The Project Engineer will be responsible for identifying and securing the needed resources through all phases of the project. This role will work with multifunctional teams ensuring compliance with corporate procedures and processes; create designs and prints, project schedules, budgetary projections, corporate presentations and financial tracking documents.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Day-to-day running of multiple engineering projects through the entire project lifecycle, within budget and set timelines
- Works with others to add knowledge and expertise to ensure the project is completed on time and within budget and to high standards
- Reviews deliverables before passing to plant and corporate management
- Effectively applies, engineering techniques, our methodology and enforces project standards
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately; assures project legal documents are completed and signed
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to management
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Assist in assembling/ repairing/ upgrading existing or new equipment in the field
- Helps to motivate the team to work together in the most efficient manner. Mitigates team conflict and communication problems while also helping to motivate individuals
- Develops long term relationships with Suppliers and Contractor personnel
- Selects equipment and software in accordance to company standards
- Creates, modifies, and controls detailed two- and three-dimensional parts and assembly drawings from sketches, plans, written and verbal instructions
- Details aspects of new and existing machinery as well as prototypes
- Gives sufficient input into the technical engineering analysis of the project
- Uses Lean Six Sigma tools and processes to incorporate and enhance the project deliverables
- AutoCad or SolidWorks software experience
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Ability to relate well with plant personnel at all levels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Six Sigma training - Certified Red Belt or equivalent - preferred
- Proficient with SAP
- Proficient with MINITAB
- Financial acumen
- Project Management, including ability to build and manage to a project plan
- Vendor management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills
- Associate Degree in field of Engineering such as Industrial or Mechanical, with 2+ years in engineering role, or a minimum of 4 years' experience with Engineering Project Management in a Metals Casting and fabrication manufacturing environment
- The position is based in Mason, Ohio and will require approximately 10% travel
Comprehensive and competitive compensation plus performance-based bonus opportunity and benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k savings, and more. Tobacco and Drug-Free Workplace.
The Harris Products Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit www.harrisproductsgroup.com to learn more.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.Employment Status:
Salary Full-Time Function:
J.W. Harris Co, Inc. (US20) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Cincinnati Job Segment:
Welding, Fabrication, Project Manager, SAP, ERP, Manufacturing, Technology
This job has expired.