The Project Engineer (PE) performs different functions assigned by the project manager or assistant project manager. These tasks may involve tracking submittals, RFIs and major equipment as well as general document control.
Duties and responsibilities
- Estimating cost and schedule impacts
- Create and track RFIs and Submittals
- Assist with procurement of major equipment and subcontractors.
- Track vendor shipments and confirm onsite delivery dates.
- Research and resolve project issues.
- Work with vendors, subcontractors and field personnel to provide O&M documentation, As-built drawings and resolve punch list items.
- Attend project meetings
- Document Control
- BSc/BA in construction management, engineering, or relevant field experience.
- Basic understanding of electrical construction and materials.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS word, MS projects & Bluebeam.
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
Mostly office-based. Typical working hours for the PE may vary. Generally Monday - Friday during normal business hours, but when deadlines approach they may be required to work much longer hours, including some weekend work. The PE in the field may be required to work out of the office and sometimes to stay away from home for short to long periods of time. Some travel may be required for training/continuing education.
While performing the duties of this job, the PE may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration; may be exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites (weather, noise, etc.).Physical requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a project manager to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The PE is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Direct reports
Typically none. The PE may occasionally direct project coordinators. May also work with labor superintendents and general foreman.Benefits:
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.
- Health & Welfare (medical, dental & vision)
- 401(k) with competitive match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program