Program Manager🔍Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Mar 06, 2023 Post Date📅98142 Requisition #Stanford Graduate School of BusinessStanford's Graduate School of Business has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, pushing the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offering a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in service of our mission of developing innovative, principled, and insightful leaders who change lives, change organizations, and change the world. We invite you to be part of this mission. Within the Graduate School of Business, the Experiential Course Support (ECS) team provides program management and course support for many learning experiences, including Startup Garage, Leadership Labs, the Arbuckle Leadership Fellows Program, and Interpersonal Dynamics. ECS also manages the Interpersonal Dynamics Facilitator Training Program, and the Executive Challenge - a one-of-a-kind learning experience in which first-year Stanford MBA students participate in experiential leadership challenges that are judged by over 200 accomplished GSB alumni. The Teaching & Learning Hub of the Stanford Graduate School of Business seeks a Program Manager for a fixed term (May - December, 2023), for the Experiential Course Support team. As Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead the planning and operations for one of the GSB's largest and highly visible programs, the Executive Challenge. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with ECS team members supporting other programs, such as the Interpersonal Dynamics Facilitator Training Program. This position is hybrid and is expected to have on average two days presence onsite each week. This is a fixed-term position (May - December, 2023). Your primary responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Lead the planning and operations for the Executive Challenge, including:
- Be present, in person, at the Executive Challenge event on December 6, 2023
- Serve as the point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders
- Manage budgeting and spending
- Manage all event communications
- Create and distribute all event materials (including websites)
- Recruit and conduct training sessions with event volunteers
- Meet regularly with stakeholders
- Support ECS team members with other work as assigned, including (but not limited to) the Interpersonal Dynamics Facilitator Training Program.
- Independently implement, administer and evaluate day-to-day activities of the unit, function or program by identifying and executing tasks and objectives, making recommendations that impact policies and programs, and assigning resources to achieve the goals of the program.
- Represent the program or function as the key contact and subject matter expert within the department. Commit resources and provide information and/or training. May also represent the program or function to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Organize and/or participate in outreach activities that may include developing communications and training, planning/promoting events and/or conferences.
- May participate in development of budgets, monitor, and approve expenditures. May perform limited forecasting and provide recommendations that determine the budget.
- May direct staff to perform various tasks and assignments. May also supervise staff.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.
The expected pay range for this position is $66,100 to $107,000 per year. Stanford University provides pay ranges representing its good faith estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for a position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal equity, geographic location, and external market pay for comparable jobs. Why Stanford is for You
- Experience managing other large-scale events.
- Very strong program management skills.
- Finance and budgeting background.
- Experience working with senior executives.
- Experience working with Canvas (or similar LMS).
- Supervisory or management experience.
- Strategic thinking and an action orientation.
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you. How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the "Apply for Job" button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. * The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4121
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 98142