Dow has exciting job opportunities for Production Operators in Kendallville, IN at their Silicone Rubber Manufacturing facility.
The Production Operator will primarily operate extruders according to production Standard Operating Procedure's (SOP) with potential to operator mixers, mills and complete weigh-up activities.
- Operate extruders to maintain productivity and extruder uptime.
- Operate primary and associated equipment safely and efficiently according to equipment and process SOP.
- Meet quality and ISO requirements.
- Follow production schedule sequence.
- Maintain housekeeping per the 5S program.
- Complete assigned training as required including safety meetings.
- Miscellaneous other production-related tasks as assigned on an as-required basis.
- Collaborate with QA/Reliability on customer issues or corrective actions.
**The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur. **
**This role will have an assessment to complete during the application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to save your application for later. Even if you have taken this assessment before please click on the link. An assessment is required for each position you apply to.**
- 6 months or more experience in an operations role within a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Willing and able to work 2nd or 3rd shift. The manager will do his/her best to assign the shift of your preference but we are not able to guarantee you will receive the shift of your choice. In order to be considered for this position you must be willing and able to work either shift.
- Mechanical- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Able to read, write, and speak English.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Able to meet the following physical demands of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Lift, push, and pull up to 35 lb throughout the day, with potential to handle 5,000-10,000 lbs per shift.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and lifting
- Stand 50% of the time.
- Walk for extended periods of time
- Wear all required personal protective equipment, including but not limited to earplugs, goggles, hard hat and steel-toed shoes.
- Work in an area of intense or continuous noise.
- Work in an area with hazardous materials.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of computers to perform job tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft software, including Excel.
- Have strong Interpersonal, Facilitative, and Organizational skills.
- Effectively interacts with multiple functions and diverse individuals to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates excellent decision making skills and the ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Effectively manages multiple competing priorities.
- Has strong troubleshooting skills.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate with a very diverse population which is spread across the site.
- Strong reading comprehension and listening skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
- Able to work with independently with minimal supervision with in an empowered team environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Safety focused.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-800-523-3945.
This job has expired.