SpaceIQ makes your workplaces smarter and your employee experiences better. Businesses that need a centralized data-driven platform to make better informed decisions about real estate, want to plan and manage a more productive and efficient work environment, and want to give their employees a frictionless experience so they can do their best work, come to SpaceIQ. Our mission is to help businesses of all sizes reach their full potential by creating great workplaces that attract and retain the talent they need to grow and succeed. If you are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial career opportunity, join SpaceIQ and our suite of products: Archibus, Serraview and SiQ in transforming the workplace.
In this role, you will act as a senior member of the Engineering / DevOps organizations , which manages the global production environments. You will work as a Subject-Matter Expert on many key projects and initiatives and will have the opportunity to work with some of the latest cloud technologies.
Essential Functions/Primary Duties:
- Support SpaceIQ Production / Development Databases hosted on AWS and other public Cloud environments (Azure).
- Responsible for and expected to 24x7 administering, configuring, solving problems, and supporting SQL Servers / Oracle in production and non-production environments running on Windows / Linux operating system. Act as an escalation point for the Operations teams.
- Quickly restore service during system outages, provide troubleshooting support to team members, perform proactive problem prevention, and advance technical details to technical lead and/or to vendor support
- Writing and leading scripts and utilities to automate day to day database administration.
- Assist with the monitoring performance analysis of existing applications and ensuring that the system is consistent with ongoing need.
- Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
- Tune database code, reporting, stored procedures, and relevant scripts prior to implementation.
- Educate developers on database best practices on all aspects of database management.
- Work on multiple projects, operating as the Subject Matter Expert managing the project requirements, scope, and timelines.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation.
- 5+ years of DBA (Database Administrator) and expert knowledge in Oracle, SQL Server, or other commercial/open-source database platforms
- Expertise in scripting from scratch (Python, SQL, Perl, PowerShell)
- Experience managing a large-scale storage environment.
- Experience managing a complex database infrastructure.
- Experience working with high availability, disaster recovery and server tuning strategies including parameters, resources, contention, etc.
- Expertise with cloud AWS (RDS) or Azure architectures
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server & Linux
- Experience managing an ever-increasing database scale while providing 100% uptime.
- Experience with Configuration Management and Automation tools (CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with modern web services architectures and databases.
- Ability to quickly learn new and existing technologies and prioritize tasks.
- Strong team player, willing to take responsibility, accountability, and ownership.
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours to complete mission critical tasks.
- Participate in an on-call 24/7 rotation.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
Education / Training:
- Experience with PostgreSQL database(s) Big Plus
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, Salt, Puppet and/or Ansible.
- Experience with CI/CD
Bachelors degree in technical, business or industry discipline. Benefits:
- Health, Dental, & Vision
- Dependent, Spousal and Domestic Partner coverage available
- Up to $1000 Company HSA Contribution
- Medical, Dependent Care and Limited FSA Accounts
- Income Protection and Replacement - 100% Company Paid
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
What's in it for you:
- Cash accumulation and Work/Life balance
- Up to 4% - 401(k) company match (immediate 100% vesting)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible PTO
- 2 Weeks Parental Leave
* Please note that this position is 100% remote.An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.
- Be a part of a company that is changing the workplace.
- Be a part of a fast-paced global team.
- Twice a week, virtual fitness classes.
- Women's Club.
- Awesome New Hire Welcome Package.